Recall - Diesel models

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Has anyone heard anything about this latest recall. Had the info passed onto me by a mate.

30F5A34D-F540-4E5D-8C00-2EAA8E906D54.jpeg

0C8587EC-8DF5-483C-9FDD-91AD1C944621.jpeg

Last edited by DrewUK on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Excellent post. I have not heard a thing, will have to check my ID when I get home.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Interesting. My car falls in that range production date wise, but not in the VIN ranges stated - mine starts JMZDK6xxxxxxxxxxx. Guess need to avoid foot hard down to the floor with the car in neutral until hear more!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

After looking at the VIN numbers looks like it concerns Diesel models only. The WS part in middle of VIN definitely refers to Diesel engines
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

DrewUK wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am Has anyone heard anything about this latest recall. Had the info passed onto me by a mate.

Received a recall notification letter in the post this morning from Mazda HQ.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

I also had my recall letter from Mazda (Campaign AJ004A), for the Engine Maximum Speed Concern. I have just contacted my Mazda dealer, who confirmed that it was for diesels only, which mine is, but on checking their history of my car they said that it had already had the required software update carried out.
When the car went in for its first 12 month service, in early May this year, I queried what I thought was slight turbo lag. They road tested it, and said that it was not actually turbo lag, but a known problem that required the latest software update. They installed that, and the driving was noticeably better. Apparently, that latest software also fixed the 'maximum speed' problem, but did not bother to tell me at the time. I wonder how many other 'problems' are cured before we even know about them?
So it could be that other CX3 owners have already had the 'maximum speed' problem cured when the car goes in for a totally unrelated issue.

After 4 months of CX3 driving, I am still very happy with the car, and don't regret buying it. Long may that situation continue.

Bob.
CX-3 Sport Nav, May 2017, 1.5d, manual , AWD, jet black pearl.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I took my car in to the dealers on Friday for its 3 year service, and they did the software upgrade at the same time. The car appears to have lost some of its pulling power at low revs - or am I just imagining it? Any other experiences out there?
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather