Car cruising fast when setting out first thing

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
MrsO

Post by MrsO »

Hi

I'm new here, very happy with my CX-3 SE Nav since nearly a year ago.

Just started noticing recently though that when I set off to go out in the morning, once I've initially moved off in gear, when I take my foot off the clutch if I do it at normal speed the car just cruises away too fast. If I take my foot off the clutch really slowly the car just stutters and almost kangaroos.

It does seem to be just in the morning ie when the engine is cold, and as I said I've only noticed it quite recently (I've only 4000 miles on the clock), but just wondered if anyone knew of any related issues or had any similar problems?

I'm not techy with cars but it just seems a bit odd and leads to me having to practically stop the car and setting off again partially braking... fortunately I'm not coming along a busy road when I start out in the morning.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Cold engine revs high on starting for quick warm up but it only lasts for twentyish seconds! Shouldn't continue after that! Have dealer check it out.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
MrsO

Post by MrsO »

Thanks Tyrfelin.

I anticipate it going in for service within next 6 months (not sure what's recommended for brand new car with low mileage which is on a PCP for 3 years) so thought I could ask them to check it at same time?
The dealer is a fair drive away and whilst they'll pick up car it still means being carless for the time it's there so the fewer times it's required to go in the better!
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

12 months servicing to keep in warranty. Our dealer in Cardiff is brilliant so do ask. Your handbook should give servicing intervals and there is a link to download one somewhere on the forum.
MrsO

Post by MrsO »

Thanks I thought it might be that.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Servicing plans are available and also cut the actual cost of services and you can pay monthly for it.