Intermittent Spanner Light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Mcgrimes

Post by Mcgrimes »

Further to having 4 injectors replaced in my 1.5 diesel CX-3 back in January, my spanner light has been illuminating intermittently.

I’ve had the car looked at by Mazda and they did not report any findings but advised they ran the engine at a certain RPM for a given time (fob off or checking DPF). They took 2 weeks to assess my car and I assume the spanner light did not illuminate during this time.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Having looked at the online manual the wrench is an 'indicator' lamp not a 'warning' lamp...? And associated with oil level and/or condition. Also it states....

Depending on the vehicle use conditions, the wrench indicator light may turn on for reasons other than the preset maintenance period.

Not very helpful! But I suppose if you've done a lot of town driving it could be related to the dpf needing a blast out?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Mine comes on to warn for impending service interval, tyre rotation, and oil change if set to do so.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It will come on if the oil data needs resetting and that should only be done at an oil change. Have you checked the oil?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The Apps section gives the choice to set the Oil Change interval separately to the Service Interval, both by mileage. However this is set to off on my car. I think this is probably useful in different climates.
On asking about the wheel rotation my dealer commented that they didn't recommend it as the wheels would need re-balancing. However I did it on my previous vehile with no detriment to the ride and more even tyre wear.
Mind you, the tyres are wearing fairly evenly on mine - after 25,000 miles 5mm left on fronts and 6mm on rears.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Wheels are balanced off the car, rotating them should not make any difference. Advantage is doing it means tyre wear is equalized as front tend to wear more than the rear.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Mcgrimes

Post by Mcgrimes »

Thanks for the replies

Unfortunately the oil change isn’t due for 8000 miles and the dealer can’t seem to diagnose the fault, it’s frustrating not knowing what is wrong.

I’ve checked the oil, and the dpf has never been an issue, average journey time is approx 30 minutes.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Mcgrimes wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:35 am Thanks for the replies
average journey time is approx 30 minutes.
Of what sort of driving?? Stop-start slow city or motorway? Makes a difference!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Mcgrimes

Post by Mcgrimes »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:46 pm
Mcgrimes wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:35 am Thanks for the replies
average journey time is approx 30 minutes.
Of what sort of driving?? Stop-start slow city or motorway? Makes a difference!
Mostly urban at about 10 miles with weekend motorway journeys

However, it’s not the dpf as a regen cycle kicks in when required, and I’ve had no problems with previous Diesel engines.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Brum1955 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm Wheels are balanced off the car, rotating them should not make any difference. Advantage is doing it means tyre wear is equalized as front tend to wear more than the rear.
But does anyone on here rotate the tyres? At the moment the wear differential is only 1mm for me.