I've got something special to detail

The place to discuss everything else..
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

A beautiful Porsche Turbo Convertible. Mine for the next two days. She will be getting a full deep cleanse, paint rectification to remove swirl marks and scratches and then I'll be applying a ceramic coating.
It's been tuned and instead of the standard 445bhp, it's running 550bhp!!!!!. The owner picked me up in his beautiful Range Rover Sport, took me to get his Porsche and I had the unlucky job of driving it home. His words when giving me the keys were, give her a good blast, so I did :D . It just pulls and pulls.

I can't wait to get started on her in the morning.
#mydreamjob.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Oooooo😛
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I suppose one mans poison but it does nothing for me.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

anchorman wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:24 pm I suppose one mans poison but it does nothing for me.
If your a petrol head like me its beautiful. It's widely regarded as an everyday super car. It's easy to drive around the shops quietly, can do 30 mpg, but also just put your foot down and it just flys. It's 13 years old and everything still feels solid and works perfectly. German engineering at its best.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've driven one at a track day. Knocked the spots off Lamborghini, Audi R8, Ariel Atom. Only the Ferrari came near.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

10 hours later and she looks like this.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

The colour now pops in the sunshine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Yes, very nice. My mate has one but not that model. His is dark blue but he doesn’t keep it like he should.

That black on yours looks superb as it should. I’ve got quite a lot of detailing stuff and enjoy a dabble myself. I did a black RAV4 once and you really had a job to tell what colour it has. It looked like a smoked mirror.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Nice job Mike.... What did you use the B&D hammer drill for?? :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Keeping it Mazda, I did this beautiful MX5 last week. The new owner purchased it last year after it was sitting in a barn for 7 years. It's a 2005 model and it's only 14000 miles on the clock and still on its original tyres. It's a metallic green but also looks black.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg