CX3 Wing Mirror Placement

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
gmb

Post by gmb »

Hey Owners. Anyone have issues with the placement of the wing mirrors? My wife has a 67 plate Sport Nav and finds the mirrors (especially the drivers) obscure her vision at roundabouts.
Admittedly she is only 5'2" and the seat is fully up, but the mirror being placed about 20cm back from the "A" pillar seems strange.

ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Shift seat back or forwards, or backrest more forward or further back. Just ideas. Im just 5'7'' and never noticed them even slightly impinging on view
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've not noticed an issue with obscuring of my vision due to the placement of the door mirrors, but the 'A' pillar does sometimes.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

No-one seems to care about right of way on roundabouts these days! Just go for it!!! ☺ Zoom-Zoom
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've noticed the sun visor seems to leave a gap of about an inch between it and the A pillar. On my early morning journeys up the M3 the sun seems to always be in the position to shine through this gap. The only way to stop this is angle the visor right back but that causes other issues with vision. Rather annoying.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
dr beat

Post by dr beat »

Hi I have a CX3 2019 & the nearside door mirror has just started to not fold in completely I have read that Mazda may replace for vehicles up to 5 years does anyone have any knowledge of this.
Regards dr beat.
RPSeymour

Post by RPSeymour »

dr beat wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm Hi I have a CX3 2019 & the nearside door mirror has just started to not fold in completely I have read that Mazda may replace for vehicles up to 5 years does anyone have any knowledge of this.
Regards dr beat.
I have recently had this on both my Cx-3 and Mazda2
Change the battery in your keyfob.
Don't ask me why but it works.
2019, Sport tech, 2.0 Skyactiv-G, Petrol, FWD, Manual in SOUL RED
TEB

Post by TEB »

Just had the offside wing mirror motor replaced on our 2018 example, though this was covered by a Mazda used car warranty.

The wing mirror folded out and in OK, however the offside mirror motor would occasionally start up and twitch the mirror when you opened the drivers door. Thankfully the garage managed to replicate this strange behaviour and decided the motor was at fault. So far fingers crossed its not twitched since the repair, plus the new motor is also much less noisy in operation.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual