Noisy wing mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Gus

Post by Gus »

Has anyone found a lubrication point for the wing mirrors?
Mine seem to be getting noisy as they fold back after this long dry spell.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Gus wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 am Has anyone found a lubrication point for the wing mirrors?
Mine seem to be getting noisy as they fold back after this long dry spell.
Mine have been like that since i first got it so would also be interested in any replies.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

With our CX3, as the wing mirrors are folding IN, the passenger mirror always wines like a badly geared primitive Lego motor. Then, when they fold OUT, the driver's mirror comes out in sympathy and does exactly the same! Strange. Although we can live with the noise for now, we'll ensure both mechanisms are lubricated when it goes in for its 3rd annual service in September.

The prolonged dry weather is also drying out bushes & shocks - as we're also noticing the suspension 'creaking'. We understand this is quite common for many cars irrespective of manufacturer. After a long dry spell, our previous Mini Cooper S and rare GSi Vectra Estate would do the same. We just lived with the noise until fixed.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

What happens if you squirt WD 40 liberally into the join cracks( then wipe residue off the outside housing-of course)...?...any difference?.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I got one of my door mirrors replaced under warranty because it became noisy when folding.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

try silicone spray, it may help......

.... my driver side is being replaced via Mazda assist today after someone clipped it, i i will see how that sounds, just to compare.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

There is a TSB because the weather gets into the gears and can cause them to fail prematurely. They’ve improved the sealing on the later models.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

anchorman wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:23 pm There is a TSB because the weather gets into the gears and can cause them to fail prematurely. They’ve improved the sealing on the later models.
Well mine was registered 30/11/17 and they are still noisy.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

anchorman wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:23 pm There is a TSB because the weather gets into the gears and can cause them to fail prematurely. They’ve improved the sealing on the later models.
Do you have a copy of the TSB? Interested to know what qualifies as later models. Mine might make a bit of a noise but it's hardly a real nuisance as they only fold / unfold when locking the car or starting it up.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

The new wing mirror installed on the cx3 makes the same noise as on my Mazda 2.....
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020