Sat nav on heads up display. How?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Mickledore

Post by Mickledore »

Well I'm now the proud owner of a CX3 Sport Nav. Got a super deal for a "second hand" car - 11 miles on the clock and £5k off the retail price. Couldn't leave it in the dealers!!!

So far, so good apart from one minor niggle. I can't get the Sat Nav turns to show on the heads up display. Everything else seems to show just fine, and as far as I can tell all the right buttons have been selected.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? It's only a small point but I like the heads up feature and it seems a shame not to fully utilise it.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Settings AD-Disp then display information then Navigation and make sure Lane Guidance is ticked.

Hope that works.

Mark
Mickledore

Post by Mickledore »

Thanks. That's what I've done. But it doesn't work. That's my problem! Is the Sat Nav known to be temperamental?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Nope, always been fine on mine, it only appears just before the turn, about half a mile on motorways, shorter warning on smaller roads
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Mine has been great and display on HUD is something I would want on my next car.
Mickledore

Post by Mickledore »

OK. Thanks. That's a bit worrying! I'll have to have a better play tomorrow.
HUD is certainly very useful.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

1) Get your dealer to update the MZD Connect software to the latest version (For EU it's currently 59.00.545A).
2) If you've got the electrically adjustable driver's seat, try resetting both seat position memories to show turn-by-turn directions in the Active Display (HUD), as per my post here - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1450&p=9549&hilit= ... mory#p9549
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Mickledore wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 pm Well I'm now the proud owner of a CX3 Sport Nav. Got a super deal for a "second hand" car - 11 miles on the clock and £5k off the retail price. Couldn't leave it in the dealers!!!

So far, so good apart from one minor niggle. I can't get the Sat Nav turns to show on the heads up display. Everything else seems to show just fine, and as far as I can tell all the right buttons have been selected.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? It's only a small point but I like the heads up feature and it seems a shame not to fully utilise it.
just checking you have set a route in the sat nav and hit navigate to..?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Mickledore

Post by Mickledore »

Thanks guys for all your help. It now seems to be working as it should, at least on the small roads round where I live.
What did I do? I have no idea! I checked all your suggestions and everything was as it should be but it still didn't work. So I went through all the settings. Those that were ticked I unticked. Those that were unticked I ticked. Then I reversed everything to restore settings to how they were originally and Hey Presto! Everything works.
All settings are back as they were but somehow I have unlocked the system.
All now seems fine.
Once again, many thanks for your patience.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I had exactly the same experience.
When I bought my car brand new, the navigation was not visible on the HUD.
I unticked and ticked the relevant setting(s) and it was visible from that moment.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic