Stopping engine with istop

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
bjwbaker

Post by bjwbaker »

Hi all,

I have a question about istop. When I come to park, istop will kick in and the engine will cut out. I move the shift lever from Drive to Park but can't find a way of turning the car off without starting the engine again. If I take my foot off the break it obviously starts again but if I press the start/stop button this also fires it up again.

Any ideas?

Ben
CX 3 Sport Nav Auto in Ceramic

santa

Post by santa »

Of you move from D to P when istop is activatet and remove your foot from the brakepedal, the car will turen off when you hit the start/stop button.
I do this from time to time.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

While i respect the fact that Mazda CX3 has the i Stop feature for given reasons.

I personaly like to be in full control of my vehicle consequently i disable the i stop feature.

Depending on Volume of trafic and in my case stop a go city trafic in the country I reside in and the type of roads and terain here, for me , I find i Stop to be not very practicle.

To dis engage i Stop. Your option !
Start engine in the norml way.
Press and hold in the i Stop switch untill you hear two beeps .
An i Stop icon will show on your dash board to show the i Stop function is not in engaged.
You will need to do this each time you start the car.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

REF : my post as above fri sep 07 2018 12:35.

I am no different than the rest of you, I am still learning the magic of the CX3.

If your C X3 disapears ,it is not magic, just goes to prove that some one else likes the CX3 also
lock it, to arm the alarm.

I disabled my i stop feature only because of my driving conditions, please do not assume that I have a negative approach to the i stop feature.
It takes time to learn all the features after purchasing a new model car, my advice is let the car grow on you.
I am now presently doing more research, yesterday I dicovered the trip Odometer "A" & "B" trip feature but can not figure out why the stick switch could / can be rotated.
I am next going to work on the gas economy feature.
Yesterday I purchased a can of Meguires carnuba wax, because "The Book " says so waxing cars is not easy may i recomend you only tackle one single pannel at a time, then go over to the correspsonding panel only if the panel is in the shade.
Hint #1 : - Oh ! Grady says. Get your self a steering wheel cover the one which will provide you with the best grip.Be carefull with sizing, they are not all the same.

Hint #2 :- A wise investment, a car cover, hopefully one which reaches all the way to the ground , if they cant see it, they may not want to snatch it . Hail stones.

Bermuda. 2018. Mazda CX3 . Soul Red . Rt H.D. G.T. less 4 WD. Looks hot during the Sun set.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I disable i-stop as automatically as putting on my seat belt. I find it disconcerting and am sceptical about it's claimed benefits.

The button which sets the trip odometer can be rotated to dim the instrument lights at night.

I had paint protection applied free of charge to sweeten the deal, but the best protection for your car is a dry garage.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I'm sure somebody, somewhere will be able to disable i-stop permanently. As for benefits?? Battery drain, starter gear wear, I cringe every time i forget to disable it. Fuel economy?...................Doubtful. Pollution?............Crawling through a busy city, possibly, but not sure how the mixture is affected at re-start. I suppose in some laboratory somewhere the figures add up, but in the real world the outcome is probably as accurate as the mpg projections!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

As I understand it, the starter motor is not used to restart the engine after I stop. Check the web for details.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/tech ... nv/i-stop/

https://discoveryourmazda.com.au/mazda-istop-explained/

So it would appear the pistons stop in an optimum re-start position and the skyactive engine is re-started using a combination of starter motor and compression/ignition in half the time of other engines. I don't think you should really worry about the ring gear and/or battery condition in these circumstances - modern starter motors pre-engage before turning the flywheel putting paid to the old problem of grinding teeth away.... and Istop won't kick in on a depleted battery anyway.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...