OWNER MAINTENANCE

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

You have just taken delivery of your brand new Mazda CX3 .

You liked blue and wish you had white , you like dark grey and whished it were silver get over it, that colour is not available., you rlady friend chose red so be happy !

We have a Soul Red

That colour changes its colors like a camelian or an octopus.

Now What ?

You discover that have for your self finest owners a owners manual on the planet it is nearly 3 cm thick and you wonder when you can find the timet to read it . well don't, as there are no pretty pictures inside and there is no center fold.

I use the book strictly as a reference manual.

You have been driving for years you know what you are doing , every control is where you expectit to be.

Take a great deal of time adjusting the drivers seat and steering wheel for practicality , can you hit the brake pedal in an emergency, then take it out for a drive for two reasons, for you to get used of the car and the car to get used of you.

The MAZDA CX3 drives like no other.

Here is a trick i do with new mechanical info , get you self a quality binder and a page hole puncher and A.B.C. deviders and make up you own custom personal owners manual start of with you Forum password File "P".

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

I recently sold our midnight blue jeep patriot , that S.U.V.was a lot of work ,after 7 years it looked better than new.

I am trying to find ways to lessen the load by getting back to basics.

I now know what car wash, wax , trim products , wash mit , chamoise and micro cloth I will use in the future , all in the name of maintenance and protection.

Every body no doubt have heard of that tire protectant the stuff that makes tires shine one one which get in you mouth an eyes and slings off the tire all over you paint work.

I wanted to try something different ,why does every thing have to shine can't it not look like well maintained?

Since getting our new 2918 soul red CX3 i have been using Lemon Pledge on the plastic the rubber trim and the tires it beads water with amazing results.

I did not get the wet look, however, i did get the dealer show room new look.

if you get a little on the paint there is no harm done as it wipes off easy .
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Salt is one of the big problems that plague our vehicles either by living near the ocean or living in cities where they put salt on the roads to clear salt during winter, this is the potential for car body rust.

Rust will devalue you car in a heart beat.

However you may have noticed that virtualy all cars have hidden pockets where water, dirt , road grime, break dust ,and a zillion other contaminates can and does accumulate.

Leaving all the debris in you car is asking for trouble over time.

There are several moethods for cleaning out pannel joints , say for my example, behind the door handles etc, this can be done using a small clean WET VAC set on the blow cycle using the crevis nozzle, you will be suprised how much water has accumulated virtually in every pannel and butting joint, you will also need to work with a micro cloth and a soft horse hair brush.
May I recomend the need to open every door in order to dispose of all the accumulated water hiding there.

Leaving a vehicle out in the Sun does not clean out the pannel joints.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Correction

S/B "To clear snow during winter" .
I am sure you know I mean well !

I have a funny feeling that the spell check on this is not compatable with the forum spell check ?

" Never blame your self for that which you can blame others for ".
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

The handbook you want is online and simple and easy to search!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Thank you tyrfelin
I have that hand book loaded on here.
I have found it much easier to skip throught the variouse topics.
Thanks again.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Confusiuoused
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

ptirving wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 amConfusiuoused
Not the only one...this thread has lost me.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

With reference to the gentleman who wants a spare wheel and tire for his 3 year old Mazda CX3 .

The other option is to make repairs on the spot with the exception of a side wall puncture which is very rare occurance" then you are stuck wit you trusty cell phone"
" Hello any body".

May I offer this surgestion, wait for it ! " To whome this may concern". in order to make repairs to a punctures tire you will need two things to start with................

1) A quality puncture repair plug kit with comprehensive instructions.
2) A used tire from any garage to practice on 10 or more times until you get it right.

One of the worst things can happen is a getting a puncture at night here is where item 2) comes in , you should be able to plug a tire blind folded.
3) You will need some sort of inflating device, for me that it is an old fassioned foot pump not an empty inflator canister.
Hint 2) revisited . Some drivers also include a tube of rubber cement with their repair kit.
You might want to include a clean drop cloth and / or a water proof ground sheet ,along with a large umbrella.

HOPE FOR THE BEST PREPARE FOR THE WORST.

Warning <<<<<<<< You get lots of them from me.
Do not drive any vehicle above the speed recomended in the repair instructions.

Above all, stay calm and attend to the job at hand. The mother in law is watching.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

COMUNICATIONS are the key.
This is all about sights and sounds. turn the car radio off , you got a nice one at home.

Our Mazda CX3 Is a talking vehicle, that is, to other vehicles, basically cars can send signals to one another, you don't need a two way radio.

Got you thinking ? I am a ham radio opperator VP9JR . I have been sending signals all over the planet for years, my favorite way of comunication was Morse Code with that media you can tell if the guy on the other end was having a bad day.

Where am I going with this , here are some examples .

What do you think your car horn can be used forother than make noises, well ! it is a tool and in the right hands you can comunicate with it, that is you can make the thing talk to other drivers by the style an type of sounds you choose to make.

Stop lights and turn signals also comunicate a message. don't use stop light as flashers by pumping brake as you can send the wrong message.

The head light flasher can also be used especially at night to tell other where you areand also draw attension to your self.

A horn is not a good tool at night because no body know wher the sound is coming from. The horn is a day time device. dont use the think to talk to the ladies.

I can take this one step further with polite hand signals these hand signals even with in your vehicle will work to your advantage as the other drivers are looking directly at you for body your language you can conduct the symphony from you car seat.

There is a down side to hand signals and that is waving people ot other vehicles on, not a good idea, at a zebra crossing, just stop, and wait they soon will get the message, you are to blame if through your actions there is an accident, if, say another car runs the crossing.

You can see through another cars wind screen, you can also see under another vehicle as it crests a hill all these are aids to navigation.

The reversing camera must be used with due care and prudently.

If ever in doubt, just stop.

Bermuda Somers Mazda CX3 Soul red Automatic, with a talking horn and a bunch of other stuff under the seats.