Mazda CX-3 Vs Kia Sorento Vs Skoda Kodiaq?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Physiogirl

Post by Physiogirl »

Thanks all on a tinnitus forum I'm a member of there advice was go for something with better sound insulation like a lexus or Volvo

I have to admit the Volvo V40 looks nice but to small so I'm looking at the Volvo XC40 , lexus seem over my budget.

ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Most importantly, it's your money, so buy what is affordable and feels right for you, especially how the car feels. And get the spec right.

I have had high pitch tinnitus in my left ear for about 3 years; haven't noticed any adverse effects. Any car will be noisy on certain surfaces; the newer blacktops they are putting down are almost whisper quiet. Up to about say 55-60 mph I don't find road noise a problem on any surface.

I spend at least 2 days per week driving round collecting money over several hours, doing about 50 miles per day; I find the seats perfectly comfortable. And note I had spinal surgery last August.

The CX3 is in a completely different area of motor production to the Sorento and Kodiaq, at least 2 sectors size wise different. The XC40 is probably the same sector but with a starting price some £7-8K more. Very nice inside though.

For the dogs, you could consider loading them in to the rear seats, depending who else was travelling, with harnesses and seat protectors.

Regarding the holidays issue, would you want to pay out an extra X thousand pounds for a 2 weeks trip once a year; use two cars or hire something like the Sorento. Will probably work out cheaper.

Second last issue depends on how much of a car nut you are. I always look back at my CX3 and also when returning. Dunno if the Sorento and Kodiaq are that pretty.

Lastly, how long are you going to keep it. If you go petrol on the CX3, no turbos to go wrong; and btw I'm getting about 41mpg on average.

Best of luck with your search.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Physiogirl

Post by Physiogirl »

I think the think with tinnitus is that it's so individual in how it affects each person.

I test drove a Volvo XC40 earlier and it was a lot quiter than the CX-3 but what I really noticed was how much more comfty the Volvo was and I found the Mazda comfty too but I could really tell the difference for me personally.

I didn't think the Mazda was loud either but the Volvo was quiter, it was also quiter and more comfty than the Kodiaq and the Sorento , so I have decided to do a longer road test in the XC40 and see what I think if it's still as good then I'll definitely be picking the Volvo.

I also tried putting the Dog crates in my sister took me and the crates , dogs and I was able to fit them in the XC40?
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I priced an XC40 for a replacement for the wife's car. With similar options to the CX-3 Sports Nav as I have it was get to around £40k (using the on-line configurator). Whilst a nice car a very expensive one.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Physiogirl

Post by Physiogirl »

I did a configure and it came to £33k I did the basic model and just added heated seats and heated steering wheel.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

MJC1216 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 am This will be cheeky of my Zoylander but are there any cars that are quiter that you would recommend I test drive?

I hope Zoylander can answer this and then he can go out and buy one and stop his moaning on this forum.
If he dosen't like the car sell it and buy one he does.Yes there are always a few issues with whatever car you buy but that is why you should have a long test drive.
Who in there right mind spends so much money without doing proper homework.

Good luck Physiogirl and my advice is test drive test drive and test drive.
U beat me to it. Don't make a decision based on zoylanders recommendations. This is his pet gripe that he loves to rant about. frankly it is just annoying everyone now.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Gordongilchrist says:
"U beat me to it. Don't make a decision based on zoylanders recommendations. This is his pet gripe that he loves to rant about. frankly it is just annoying everyone now"

My reply:
Sorry Gordon, I've read through every one of Zoylanders 138 posts and he's not annoying me in the slightest. Sounds like a reasonable honest 'wear me heart on the sleeve' chap to me - so please let's not start having personal vendettas on forum members opinions*. Or bringing us all in to it. Life's too short.

* unless it's a group decision.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I've got tinnitus and don't have problem with the CX3, in fact it's quieter than the Qashqai I just traded in. The latest version that I have is quieter from what I've learnt. Do a test drive and make your own decision.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I also have one German Shepherd and I wouldn't want to try and put two large dogs in a CX-3.
As mentioned before the CX-5 is defo worth looking at. It is quieter, smoother than the 3.
In the end it's your money so its your choice. Don't be bullied into buying a car that someone else thinks will suit you.
As much as I love my CX-3 I think it will be a bit too small for you, hence the 5 is worth a look.
Good luck.
If you do decide to explore the Skoda more, try the Karoq. It is roughly the same length as the CX-3 but with a much bigger boot and you can also get a heated windscreen as an option. I have one on my Skoda Superb and it's brilliant in the winter.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.