Dashboard rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I think this may have been questioned before but....there is a intermittent rattle which seems to be coming from the left hand side of the dash or glove box, maybe the leading edge of the door panel. Its difficult to pin down.

Has anyone had a similar rattle and solved the issue.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Rattles can be a real pain to locate and fix can't they.

Check out Front dash noise.

In addition to the comments there, it may also be worthwhile removing the glovebox and checking that the cabin pollen filter behind it is pushed in correctly.

There's also the unused seat belt latch rattle that can be fixed by moving the passenger seat slightly, and the sunglasses holder rattle.

Something within/underneath my passenger seat keeps rattling when I go over rough road surfaces and is something I'm going to have to try and fix one of these days.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Oh yes JT, that seat belt rattle. It took me so long to realise what was causing my rattle. I looked everywhere but the seat belt. ;)
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I had a rattle coming from the dash area the wife said it was the drivers side I disagreed and said it was coming from the passenger side,and loud words were exchanged. Where I live it is full of road humps and platforms. Answer, found rattle coming from the drivers sun visor it had come unclipped and the rattle had transmitted all round the cabin, Just a thought.
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

As pointed out by JT, also took us a while to realise my sunglasses were rattling in the overhead holder. Problem is they still rattle when I wear them. :lol:
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Oh the sunglasses and seatbelt rattles!!! :lol:
Been there and done both.

Seatbelt was fairly obvious (to us anyway) but the sunglasses annoyance - *wow* - took us ages to find, if you were driving it *definitely* came from the passenger area - somewhere - and if you were a passenger it was *obviously* on the drivers side! By pure luck on a sunny day I removed my sunnies to find the rattle stopped! Bliss :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
TAX

Post by TAX »

I have an occasional buzzy rattle coming from the left dash area, it occurs between 2500 and 3000 r.p.m. but only sometimes.

I've moved sunglasses, seatbelts, glove box contents and searched and fiddled around under the dash, but each time I think have solved the problem, and just when I have forgotten about it, back it comes.

Best cure is to turn up the radio.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Just look at any automobile asembly line video and you will see that virtyally every thing is push in and clip, some cars are built just like ia jig saw puzzle, i saw the entire dash board fitted in less that 30 seconds.
Given time cars will go down the road sounding like the percussion section of the Boston symphony.
On a seriouse note.
Abnormal automobile sounds are dificult to trace, you may try to look in places with in reason, other than where you think the sound is coming from.
Once i had noise coming from up front on my toyota turns out it was the loose front wheel causing a rattle .

The tire was binding out/ away slightly on the drive on the final nut set up, so ! you do not need to squat the car down on the final stages of wheel atachment.
No foolin'.

CX3 auto "not noisy tires its was a noisey road after all ".
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

TAX wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm I have an occasional buzzy rattle coming from the left dash area, it occurs between 2500 and 3000 r.p.m. but only sometimes.

I've moved sunglasses, seatbelts, glove box contents and searched and fiddled around under the dash, but each time I think have solved the problem, and just when I have forgotten about it, back it comes.

Best cure is to turn up the radio.
That's the time I get a vibration. The base from the sub-woofer, when turned up, seems to get various bits in the door pockets resonating if they are not stored properly.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
TAX

Post by TAX »

That's the time I get a vibration. The base from the sub-woofer, when turned up, seems to get various bits in the door pockets resonating if they are not stored properly.

I've lined the door pockets with non slip silicone liner cut to shape to stop stuff rattling and sliding around and possibly disappearing into the unexplored and inaccessible black hole at the rear of the door pocket !

I turn up the radio to drown out the buzz when it occurs, but I just cant pin down its source.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.