Tec'

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Now, I consider myself pretty tec' savvy, having worked in the telecom industry all my adult life, fault found and repaired many a vehicle in my time, built and repaired PC's and HiFi and am called 'Mr Fixit' by my friends.

But..... I still can't get my head around what options my CX-3 has overall, what lamps should/shouldn't flash/appear on startup, what button I should/shouldn't press for changing/removing/resetting option X..... why was there multiple beeps when I pressed that button that time but not again?? Why, why, why... :? :? :? I've tried reading the (very extensive, but perhaps overly complicated?) manual and found myself waking up with the same page opened I was looking at an hour ago :o

I've decided to just drive and get on with it.

I promised myself I would never buy another 'new generation' diesel vehicle as there's just too much to go wrong with too much expense involved and switched back to petrol...... was I just being a bit naive :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all a mystery.....

Perhaps my befuddled brain needs a ROM update (available on some options)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi AndyRen,

Like you I am of an age where I remember how natty a digital watch was (with red LED's and a button to press to see it).
We are of an age of old processors and limited RAM and Hard Drives. My Hard Drive is nearly full up and no matter how much I try to "defrag" my brain there are still so many old files in there that are really no use to me anymore. e.g. why do I need to remember that my first Triumph Herald had L87Y Champion spark plugs or AF64 is the colour code for a white mark four Cortina.
It matters not a jot whether petrol or diesel, whether Mazda or Mini. The only toolbox needed now is the Mazda road assistance. All new cars are the same, full of kit that takes for ever to get your head around.
In many ways life is simpler nowadays, start it up and drive it. When it doesn't - grab the phone, and go and have a beer.... i'll get my coat.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

You are so right, but I find the answer to a question press the right buttons etc but when I want to do it again a few weeks later can't remember how I did it.
But I could still change the clutch on a Cortina, overhaul the braking system etc. When I used to go on holiday in the car so did my toolbox, but now all I need is a phone number.
Good job that this is not the daily mail or the re test the pensioners brigade would be on our cases :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Why doesn't it do what it says it should do? That is my frustration, and when I feel that frustration overwhelming me I go and play with my early 70's MGB's which don't even have a cup holder!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Tec, didn't have fancy cup holders back then, or need them. Driving a seventies MGC with no power steering and that lump of an engine, you needed a beer afterwards not a cuppa.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

As an old technophobe I tried to keep the "Tec" on my CX-3 as simple as possible. Less to annoy me and less to go wrong.
The only thing I wanted which the Sport Nav had and the SE did not was rear parking sensors, so I bought the SE and had the correct Mazda sensors fitted by the dealer before delivery.

I am capable of turning the lights on when the visibility deteriorates.
I am capable of turning on the wipers when it rains.
I am capable of operating the switch to fold and extend the door mirrors.
I have never used the cruise control or the speed limiter.
I have never re-set the MPG monitor. If it stays on the right side of 40mpg I am satisfied.
I disable i-stop before every trip.

When I want to drive for pleasure I take my 1970 Rover P5B Coupe. Comfortable, quiet and refined. Everything the CX-3 is not.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
stevenoliver

Post by stevenoliver »

For the sake of balance, I'd just like to say that I love technology and can't get enough of it. The more that's automatic the better. I am quite astonished at some of the comments here, why bother having a modern car if you hate the car doing anything for you? To zoylander, why have an automatic transmission, surely you know when to change up and down gear?
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I may have looked back to the ' good ol' days' in my earlier post but don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to return to them. This is the first car I have had with traffic sign recognition, never needed it before but wouldn't be without it now. Whenever I spec up a car I can't help myself by adding just about everything in the option's list. If the car starts at about 25k it is up to 40k before I am happy.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I didn't know the CX3 had a MPG monitor--where is it on the "dials" plse...?

In the past-all I have ever done is fill up a car(to the top), drive to the emergency red on the petrol gauge and then looked to see how many miles i have covered.If I could be bothered i then filled up again to the top and converted the £cost into gallons and miles traveled. Not exactly a stressful action.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Dogfuzz wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 am I didn't know the CX3 had a MPG monitor--where is it on the "dials" plse...?
The display appears at the right-hand side of the screen and you toggle from distance of the fuel, MPG etc by pressing the "Info" button on the left of the steering wheel
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.