Insurance cost

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

just had to renew our insurance,
coming from a MAZDA2, i knew it was going to be a testing time trying to get a quote near to what i was paying last year...last year the 2 cost £240.
so with the cx3 being a bigger car etc i was expecting to pay a bit more.....shopping on the comparison sites it was as expected and my renewal premium was near double last years price...
so when i called ARRIVA i was very happy with there price of £138 ...

i'm 35yrs driving , full ncb, me and the mrs to drive 10k miles per yr

i know its a postcode lottery , but what are you chaps paying?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

When i changed this March from a Mazda 2 to the CX3 it was about the same for the Mazda 2 as you were paying...£240 ish.

The CX3 is about £260 with LV who i have used for many years and they don't put the premium up much on renewal each year.My cover also includes 180 days in Europe and at 55years young with full NCB protected and 8000 miles per year i am happy.

I could probably get it cheaper but £138 seems too cheap to me but does depend on your postcode.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I renewed mine back in March with LV= for £253, retired, full NCB protected plus named driver, 9,000 miles per year.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Mine in May - £347 (LV) including business use & 25,000 annual miles
Last edited by HouseSpider on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

£187 with LV.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

£447 with AXA full NCB 78 years of age CX-3 AWD September registered.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If anyone needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Thaxted

Post by Thaxted »

Hi Dan. I purchased my Mazda just one week ago and insured through Adrian Flux! Then I found this forum and saw the extra discount for members - typical!
Is there anything you can do? I did notice on the paperwork that the insured amount was 14,500 but I paid 16000 and said that when I phoned for quote. I'm still in 14 day cooling off period so maybe some sort of refund or correction can be made?
Finally- I'm hoping to get personalised number plates,; will that affect my premium? They are not expensive combination.
Thank you.
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2018 Soul Red, manual petrol.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Thaxted wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm Hi Dan. I purchased my Mazda just one week ago and insured through Adrian Flux! Then I found this forum and saw the extra discount for members - typical!
Is there anything you can do? I did notice on the paperwork that the insured amount was 14,500 but I paid 16000 and said that when I phoned for quote. I'm still in 14 day cooling off period so maybe some sort of refund or correction can be made?
Finally- I'm hoping to get personalised number plates,; will that affect my premium? They are not expensive combination.
Thank you.
Hi there,

We should still be able to apply the club discount - if you could message me your full name / postcode I can locate your file and take it from there.

The insured amount is the current value - is £16K a realistic one? When did you purchase the vehicle? Increasing the value / sum insured might cause the premium to increase as the insurers have potentially more to pay-out in the event of a claim.

Personalised number plates won't have any affect on the premium - but please be sure to advise us once you have them.

Regards,

Dan
Thaxted

Post by Thaxted »

Hi Dan, thank you for your reply but I've just realised that I made an error.
I had been all set to go with AF but had to pass my test again. When i first contacted company (Charlotte) i explained that i had originally passed my test in 1979 and that the DVA assured me that my license would officially date back to 1979 ( so I've been driving a long time) once I passed my test. "No problem" I was told, "that's fine".
However, when I phoned to activate the insurance the person I spoke to (Sophie) insisted that I be treated as a new driver, I.e. with zero driving experience. That increased the premium by £230! so needless to say I declined and went with a different company.
If you could check this then I would change to AF as the quote was originally more competitive.
Sorry for the confusion - I was really quite annoyed by the change in approach within two days.
Thaxted
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2018 Soul Red, manual petrol.