Reversing camera view changed

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

here we go, this is how my camera looks, with version and screen options.
as you can see, the number plate is now in view, where as before it was not seen ....

IMG_20181129_160234.jpg

IMG_20181129_160356.jpg

IMG_20181129_160248.jpg

IMG_20181129_160241.jpg

One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Re jtonline post's graphic - that is exactly the view I get. I can't see anything wrong with it, as the outside lines of the grid are parallel to what look like parking spot lines and that is all you need to park correctly - or drive closely parallel to the kerb. The fact the bumper line is a fish eyed view doesn't concern me as I've still got the parking sensors to warn if getting to close to some object.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm Re jtonline post's graphic - that is exactly the view I get. I can't see anything wrong with it, as the outside lines of the grid are parallel to what look like parking spot lines and that is all you need to park correctly - or drive closely parallel to the kerb. The fact the bumper line is a fish eyed view doesn't concern me as I've still got the parking sensors to warn if getting to close to some object.
My original question was why has the view changed all of a sudden, the number plate was not seen and the bumper appeared in line with the yellow and red lines....just strange it changed over night...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
aktivizt

Post by aktivizt »

I now wish I’d taken a photo of my reversing camera display in the 3 years that it was rectangular but I never expected it to change!
2015 2.0 Sport Nav. Auto
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

steve67 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:19 pm here we go, this is how my camera looks, with version and screen options.
as you can see, the number plate is now in view, where as before it was not seen ....
Yeah that's the view I have and I also haven't done an update to cause any change. Its very odd
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Does anyone have a reversing camera that shows a rectangular non-fish-eye display they can photograph & upload? All the pictures posted so far are of the fish-eye view.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

HouseSpider wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:23 am Does anyone have a reversing camera that shows a rectangular non-fish-eye display they can photograph & upload? All the pictures posted so far are of the fish-eye view.
I would like to see that - as far as i know the camera lens is fish eye and I'm not aware of any software which can convert such a fish eye image to a “flat” image.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Found this information in the Quick Guide by accident. This might only apply to the latest models with the 360deg View Monitor facility, but still nothing to loose by trying it i.e. does pressing the Commander button whilst in reverse switch the camera view between what looks like a flat flat view and a fish eye wide view? See the page extract below

Mazda CX-3 Quick Guide Camera View extract page 25.pdf
(658.21 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 pm Found this information in the Quick Guide by accident. This might only apply to the latest models with the 360deg View Monitor facility, but still nothing to loose by trying it i.e. does pressing the Commander button whilst in reverse switch the camera view between what looks like a flat flat view and a fish eye wide view? See the page extract below

Just tried the above.... Don't work on mine..😪
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

steve67 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:44 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 pm Found this information in the Quick Guide by accident. This might only apply to the latest models with the 360deg View Monitor facility, but still nothing to loose by trying it i.e. does pressing the Commander button whilst in reverse switch the camera view between what looks like a flat flat view and a fish eye wide view? See the page extract below

Just tried the above.... Don't work on mine..😪
Am I the only one whose display doesn't look like that. The only icon I can see when in reverse is the red pull down arrow that then brings up, contrast, brightness etc.
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.