Fuel MPG

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Naem

Post by Naem »

Aggressive is a bad word choice by me. Fun driving perhaps :)

And yes, the vast majority of my accelerating is after the turn, and braking before the turn.

I did not know that UK gallons and US gallons were different! Oh that changes things .. guess I average closer to 37.5mpg in US terms then
1 Imperial Gallon = 1.2 US gallons.
Mazda CX-3 (2016) | 2.0L Petrol 2wd | Sport Nav 6 Speed | Deep Crystal Blue

Infotainment system customized with Mazda AIO Tweaks 8-)

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Naem
Greetings every body , hold your horses ." Automobile University".

In the USA they are pumping gas by the gallon , that is the US gallon and the vehicle speedometers are calibrated in miles per hour MPH .

Every body on here is talking M.P.G.

Should you not be talking Kilometers per liter K.P.L. and kilometers per hour K.P.H in the UK and surounding districts.

I guess by now you all have come to realize that I live in Bermuda a British colony where we here are two Nations are on the same page, Bermuda is not little America.

My CX3 is calibrated Metric.

Now this is where things gets sticky.
I have not jumped the fence yet. I like things the old way when they were doing MPG ,.

I love maths and love to crunch the numbers.

You all may do the same if that pleases you . Hey not that you are wrong here.

May I say the best way to truely calculate distance traveled compared to petrol consumed would be to calibrate your
vehicled performance over a distance of 100 KM or 100 miles and that includes going to Boots Chemists for a Pint.

2018 CX3 Modifier GT Soul Red Auto " No man need be common"
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

When I took delivery of mine-I spent an awful amount of time doing the "settings" on the info screen and familiarising myself -all with the engine on-using petrol. I am quite sure that threw the averages out the window-big time!...the other thing i did was spend a lot of time only going as far as fourth gear with initial short familiarisation "test" drives etc.
Give it a week--then check the averages again.
I hardly ever do less than 40mpg now--usually 42'ish
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Naem
I have determined that the Mazda CX3 screen can be set to show either liters or gallons / miles or kilometers .

I have not been able ro determine if your screen Shows imperial gallons or US Gallons .

We have the remember that the CX3 is also marketed in the USA and they are running on US gallons which is less in quantity than your imperial gallons, forget about Europe as they are on metric.

My CX3 screen system here is set on liters and kilometers , it would be unwise for me to change that over ( no tinkering )
also my driving style and road system is different from yours.

i am not sure if we are looking for the pot of gold at the end of a fading rainbow.

However I do know that the gearbox is so designed that we can't up shift the gears just as we please, say, to save gas on hills.
On the flat if I drive at say 30 mph say in 3 rd gear, the gear box will not let me drive in 6 th gear no matter what I try to do with the gear stick, however I can drive in a lower gear to generate more power.

I have to be driving over 50 k/ 31 mph before the gearbox will let me drive in 6 th gear.,even with manual shifting.

I have to be concerned about RPM as I like my engines running a higher RPM we have many hills.
Reason ::::: cooling :::::: Oil pressure :::::::: Power to weight ratio.

We all have one very smart car. ZOOM. ZOOM !

CX 3 soul red: Auto shift: GT modified with no AWD
Naem

Post by Naem »

Well, cheers for the replies! Considering I'm in the UK I'm pretty sure my cars calibrated to Imperial Gallons. They remembered to put the steering wheel on the right hand side of the car ;)

I'm originally from mainland Europe so I'm familiar with the metric system. But it's very much MPH and MPG here in the UK.

Interesting note, the standard rating for petrol in the UK is 95 octane, and every car sold in the UK has its electronics tuned so that it runs properly on this fuel. Helps that we don't have many high-altitude areas!

It is certainly a very smart car. I spend a fair amount of time talking to it these days lol

Zoom Zoom
Mazda CX-3 (2016) | 2.0L Petrol 2wd | Sport Nav 6 Speed | Deep Crystal Blue

Infotainment system customized with Mazda AIO Tweaks 8-)
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

My average is somewhere around 38mpg.
The other week I reset the average before a longish, steady speed trip and saw 39.8!!! Never seen the magic 40, but it doesn't worry me that much, it's such a pleasant environment to journey in!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.