I thought theft was theft !

The place to discuss everything else..
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

So it seems that most police forces will not persue or attend cases where the value in question is below £200 as it's "not practical" due to resources available.

Are they therefore telling us that if the amount in question is low they no longer regard it as theft?

£200 for one person may be a lot whereby £10000 for someone else maybe a drop in the ocean. Strange? ,or is it me?

It's a pity that they cannot re-deploy the mobile speeding camera personnel. But that would remove the easy money for the treasury.

To me this means that the police are being forced to become a profit making concern with all the cutbacks they have had inflicted upon them.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

If they cleared up crime over night !

This would result in thousands of police; lawyers; judges and administrators being out of work ,the prison guards would have to go back to farming.

Did you know it cost more money to process a parking ticket in court than collected in fines.

All you have to do is plead not guilty and watch the wheels of justice turn.

Just say you vehicle was jamed in.

Not forgetting all the time and money lost by those joakers sitting in court waiting their turn.

You will still have make your contribution after they stop laughing to the partial resurfacing of M1.

Hey! When was the last time y'all checked your battery fluid levels?

A Modified GT ~ CX3 Soul red: auto 2018 With nice orrigional wheels wifei likes them.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

If the Police were allowed to keep the money raised by speed cameras, they might be able to redirect it into investigation work.
In Somerset the Police withdrew from the speed camera partnership because they had to bear the cost of maintaining the fixed camera network whilst receiving none of the proceeds which they generated. The fixed cameras are still there, but they have not worked for years and the locals know this.
So much for promoting road safety.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Would you happy to pay more tax in order to employ more police? With all the cut backs that have been made, it's down to priorities and ringfencing of money I guess. Outside mine for example, there has been tens of millions spent on cycle lanes, but thats a different ring fenced budget to the police one and it's also down to some very vocal cyclist lobbying and campaigning groups. As for priorites, this is clearly given over to crimes of violence of which there are far too many.
On a policing issue, how many people get away with too darker tints on their windows, illegal registration plates, speeding, using hand held devices while driving, having hand held devices mounted in the middle of their windscreens Etc.
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Pay more tax? .. yes I would
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Me too.

It’s becoming a lawless shit hole and the offenders know it. They just do what they want in a lot of cases, knowing nothing will be done. It doesn’t need a few cops, it needs hundreds, if not thousands.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Who cheered when they found out the police could 'ram' the snotty little 'a'holes who nick scooters and mopeds?... 'bout time!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I did.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Me too.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Yup. PC society while nice in principle has handcuffed the law and goes some way to explain a generation where young have less respect for others, parents and the law. I know cops who will say as much.

"Just incase u don't know PC is politically correct" ;)
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)