Dark cabin

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve iow

Post by steve iow »

Anybody else find the cabin dark at night,can’t see switches,coming from a Leon fr which had plenty of ambient light all around,if so has anyone tried or had fitted any form of lights fitted.
steve iow

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Steve,

I don't really understand the question. I presume you haven't had the car for very long and aren't sure where the switches are or what the illuminated symbols are. Or maybe you are saying the cabin lights aren't bright enough?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve iow

Post by steve iow »

Hi Strangways I’ve had the car for a year,so know where switches are one example the light stalk is hidden by the steering wheel with white marks to show what’s on when driving but you can’t see it because the cabin is so dark,nothing seems to light up ,other than this I love the car will get some stic on LED to light The footwell up as that might help
steve iow
Dynablue89

Post by Dynablue89 »

I have to agree.. although you know the car and how to function all the buttons.. it is still a bit tricky at night to navigate them compared to other cars ive had..

Like you said.. a strip of LEDs in your footwell should help plus give the interior a nice little feel 👍🏻
CX3 2.0L Petrol Sport Nav Dynamic Blue :D
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I agree.
The window switches in the door are infuriating, can't distinguish at night which is which except the one for the driver's window with the very small white light, terrible design !!
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Ah yes I see what you mean now. Illuminated stalks would certainly be helpful. Not bothered about the window switches as I never look down at them.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Even in daylight, most modern car interiors are a depressing sea of black and dark grey unless you pay a lot extra for leather.

Time was when interiors were colour co-ordinated with the bodywork, and as standard, but then the cost accountants decided that you could have any colour so long as it was black .
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.