FFC

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I finally have given up. My local dealership, under instruction from Mazda UK, have had my CX3 twice to try and make sense of non functioning adaptive headlights (apart from bending round corners that is) , non functioning road sign recognition and very erratic lane departure warning.
I checked that the camera was plugged in myself as I doubt the dealership did that!! Software was updated also.
There is absolutely no headlamp beam movement when vehicles approach at night, judged by observation and the number of irate drivers who blind me in retaliation!!
Is it just my car??
I love the car, and the absence of these vehicle "inputs" I've lived without for 50 years, so it's not an onerous task to dip my own headlights, look at road signs or drive between white lines. It just irritates me that they don't work, and because the SAT Nav speed limit information is often out of date, it would be helpful if the HUD gave the correct limit.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It appears that your adaptive headlights are functioning as they turn towards the corner. However the adaptive feature that moves the beam away from oncoming traffic was only included with the safety pack option. Are you sure your car has the optional safety pack?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

WP_20190110_16_00_31_Pro.jpg

Do you get the green headlamp light with the A in the middle, as per photo?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Strangways wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm It appears that your adaptive headlights are functioning as they turn towards the corner. However the adaptive feature that moves the beam away from oncoming traffic was only included with the safety pack option. Are you sure your car has the optional safety pack?
I've not got the safety pack but I've also not noticed the headlamps turning either, I'll have to check them some time 8-) .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Mazda UK and the dealer wouldn't be wasting their time if it wasn't included!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

SoonerV8 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 pm I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Mazda UK and the dealer wouldn't be wasting their time if it wasn't included!
I don't make assumptions any more, it's almost been my downfall in the past.
Are you saying that your car has definitely got the safety pack fitted? Do you have the blind spot monitoring in the wing mirrors?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

And of course you have it set on permanent high beam ?, or else no function
Last edited by BWJ on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
santa

Post by santa »

Do you have the lights in AUTO mode?
If I turn on my lights manually on the light stalk, then auto high beam doesn't work; it HAS to be in AUTO mode on the light stalk for it to work.
This is on a 2015, so I'm not sure if they have changed that.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

santa wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm Do you have the lights in AUTO mode?
If I turn on my lights manually on the light stalk, then auto high beam doesn't work; it HAS to be in AUTO mode on the light stalk for it to work.
There will not be a green headlamp light with the A, in dashbord, if not in auto mode :idea:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
santa

Post by santa »

BWJ wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm
santa wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm Do you have the lights in AUTO mode?
There will not be a green headlamp light with the A, in dashbord, if not in auto mode :idea:
I know, that's why my lights always in AUTO mode :-)
Only downside is that my lights doesn't turn on, when I unlock my car. But I believe that has been changed on newer versions.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.