horn

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

can anybody tell me if the horn has been changed on the 2019 model compared to the weak f--t on the 2015 model
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack

Turbo

Post by Turbo »

No, its just the same load of toot toot rubbish, I have fitted a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn some weeks ago, exceptionally loud. Had one before on my MX5.
Fitted it on the offside wing, disconnected the wire to the original rubbish horn and ran it to the Stebler, no need to change the fuse.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/stebel-nauti ... -3356.html
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i have a spare horn, can you just link this to the original horn?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I have heard louder horns on a pedal car. The horn is supposed to sound a warning, not an apology.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

We had only had the car 5 days and came very close to a possible write off.
Third lane of the motorway, raining, and a Corsa boy racer in the middle lane decides to pull out on me, I was possibly in his blind spot or he didn't even look, I braked the best I could and "tooted" my horn, he still kept coming, missed my front wing with the thickness of a piece of paper, could have turned out me being hit, in the barrier and spinning.
The wife then says "why didn't the horn work" I said it did and tooted it again and with the road and tyre noise and the rain we could very faintly hear it. Disgraceful.
I rang Mazda to complain and I was told it must be a faulty horn, I told him that was not correct because I had been in the showroom and a CX-5, a CX-3 and a Mazda 6 are exactly the same. He then said it had passed government tests and conformed to the regulations.
When I blow my horn I want it to make a statement not be an embarrassment !!!
This horn certainly makes a statement twin tone, and it's small and compact .........
http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.as ... logia=auto

BE CAREFUL OF CHINESE COPIES, I ONCE HAD ONE OFF EBAY, ONLY REALISED BECAUSE I HAD ONE TO COMPARE IT WITH, EBAY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND IT WENT IN THE BIN.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Turbo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 pm No, its just the same load of toot toot rubbish, I have fitted a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn some weeks ago, exceptionally loud. Had one before on my MX5.
Fitted it on the offside wing, disconnected the wire to the original rubbish horn and ran it to the Stebler, no need to change the fuse.

A picture of the location where you fitted it would be appreciated.

Also did you need to extend the wires from the original horn.

I fully agree the horn is useless yet on my previous Mazda 2 it was loud.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

outline.jpg

MJC1216 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am
Turbo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 pm No, its just the same load of toot toot rubbish, I have fitted a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn some weeks ago, exceptionally loud. Had one before on my MX5.

A picture of the location where you fitted it would be appreciated.

Also did you need to extend the wires from the original horn.

I fully agree the horn is useless yet on my previous Mazda 2 it was loud.
I will post a picture later when the wife gets back with the car.
I removed the screws and plastic plugs from the black apron that runs under the bonnet across near the bonnet catch, raised the edge up and got my hand in to disconnect the horn wire, made a male ended 1/2mt length of cable, tie wrapped it along the bonnet release cable and onto the new horn. I left the original horn in place, original fuse seems to cope well.
I see you live in Leyland, I live in Wigan, if you stand outside your house at 6pm tonight I will blow the horn and you will be able to see how loud it is :lol:

POPPERS.jpg

EARTH WIRE.jpg

FEED WIRE.jpg

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Thanks for that.

Will order one this week.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am Thanks for that.

Will order one this week.
I don't think you will be disappointed, I have heard others and not a patch on the Stebel for the size, had two now for 8 years.
That little opening on the offside wing is perfect size and protected from the weather.
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

This looks like a worthwhile modification. Thanks Turbo for the info and pictures. One question, how did you mount the horn in the recess?
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.