horn

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

clawhn wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:43 pm This looks like a worthwhile modification. Thanks Turbo for the info and pictures. One question, how did you mount the horn in the recess?
Drilled a 6mm hole as can be seen in the picture, 6mm x 20mm s/steel bolt and nut, 2 x s/steel tank washers, earthed the neg terminal of the compressor to this bolt, liberal coat of ACF-50 anti-rust fluid all around the washers and drilled hole. The Stebler has a slotted mounting point, I used that.
Didn't use a relay, never have done and not had a problem of the fuse blowing.

PS, thinking back, I think I spaced down the mounting of the compressor to stop it fouling the body.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.

clawhn

Post by clawhn »

Thanks for that Turbo. Definitely on my car " to do" list.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

There is also a thread about adding a 2nd horn, here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

jtonline wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 pm There is also a thread about adding a 2nd horn, here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97
On my MX5 I used the original horn along with the Stebel, but the Stebel totally drowned out the original so I disconnected it in fear of overloading the fuse with both being powered. The way around it obviously a relay but that extra wiring and finding a suitable position for the relay. I didn't see the point in utilising the original rubbish Toot Toot horn I wanted it gone, I have used Stebel for years and IMO can't be beaten on performance, size, quality and price, over the years its save my MX5 from being hit.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Derbro

Post by Derbro »

Big Thanks Turbo. Ordered it Sunday, delivered today, and I have fitted it exactly to your Photos. It is perfect, fully recommend. NOW other road users will know when I am there!
Ceramic Metalic Sports Nav 2litre petrol Auto 2017
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Great Derbro, I would have been amazed if you weren't happy with it
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Where did you purchase horn from? Amazon £11 for shipping seems excessive and purchasing from sites like eBay there appears to be a risk of buying a fake.
Is Ring (from Halfords) or Fiamm a good alternative?
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Bought mine from MX 5 parts, listing in earlier posts. Great mod, thanks.
Last edited by Stagman on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2015 Meteor Grey, Sport nav petrol auto.
Totnes
Devon
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Brum1955 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 pm Where did you purchase horn from? Amazon £11 for shipping seems excessive and purchasing from sites like eBay there appears to be a risk of buying a fake.
Is Ring (from Halfords) or Fiamm a good alternative?
Good supplier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/stebel-nauti ... -3356.html

I have a pair of Fiamm in the garage, bought them for my bike, in comparison to the Stebler they are rubbish
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Unfortunately MX3 are out of stock at the moment.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.