Post by Greenman »

Complete OEM genuine Mazda kit:
- wheel (space saver)
- tyre
- foam insert for boot floor
- liner
- wheel wrench
- jack

Mazda will charge you c£350 - I’m looking for £300 collected.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Where are you based?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Can anybody advise me re the size of a space saver spare wheel? I have been told by two different companies, that an 18" wheel isn't available and that a 16" wheel would be perfectly ok to fit as a 'get you home' wheel.
Has anybody tried this? Im a bit dubious to say the least, but would like the reassurance of a spare instead of an aerosol!!!!
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Search the forum and you will find besides myself and other members have fitted a full size 18" spare wheel
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Beezageoff, the accepted temporary (space saver) wheel is a 16" with a T125/90D16 98M, T145/90R16 106M or 185/60R16 86M tyre fitted.

If used, it must be on the rear axle and used for a very short period of time at no more that 50mph. It must not be used if the vehicle is towing anything.

It is possible to carry a full size 18" wheel and tyre in the boot, I have one in my CX-3 and did a write-up here: http://www.jtonline.info/18-inch-spare-wheel/

The car doesn't come with a jack or wheel nut wrench, so if you want to be able to change the wheel yourself, you will also need to purchase them (they are supplied if you buy the official Mazda space saver spare wheel kit).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
BRY

Post by BRY »

A full size 18” wheel is fine if you can lift it out of the boot very heavy.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I have fitted a full size spare and yes it is heavy. If you have a spacesaver spare you still have to lift the full sized wheel which you have just taken off the car into the boot. The advantage of having a full size spare you can fit it to either axle not just the rear as with the spacesaver. Anyway call Mazda breakdown to change the wheel then you won't have to lift it.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
BRY

Post by BRY »

Lifting it in is easier than lifting it out.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for all your responses. I think that I'll go for a space saver and if I get a puncture on the front, I'll get the breakdown man to take a back wheel off and put it on the front and then put the space saver on the back! At my time of life, I haven't got the strength to undo a wheel nut that's been tightened by an air pressure gun even using my spider wheel brace.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual