Seat belt buckles

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Wendy26

Post by Wendy26 »

Hi, can anyone tell me if or how the rear seatbelt buckles come out any further? The top of them is currently flush with the seat and since I bought new car seats for the kids which use the seatbelts it’s a real pain every time! I don’t want to buy extensions because they are not recommended and it’s for children’s use.
Thanks

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I have the same problem when the grandchildren visit, and not just with the rear seat belt fixings.
My wife struggles with the front passenger seat belt fixing which could do with being a little longer.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Lem

Post by Lem »

I have this problem as well. Such a pain buckling my daughter who is in a booster seat! Has anyone found an answer for this?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

We had the same problem with our grand daughters child seat, bought these off ebay and they are great, problem sorted

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323651139468
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Thanks for posting this. I will order some.
Just another example of Mazda getting things wrong.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I wonder just how safe these are in the event of a crash. I doubt they carry any sort of E approval marking.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I take you point jtonline, my wife and I have tug and yanked it, both at the same time and it didn't fail.......BUT what did fail was this stupid rediculous Mazda design that makes it virually impossible to engage, asking for a problem when you think it has engaged but hadn't
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:09 pm I wonder just how safe these are in the event of a crash. I doubt they carry any sort of E approval marking.
I fully agree. I wouldn't buy such an item that hadn't been TUV or EU tested and passed. Particularly if it wasn't for my use but to be used by my passenger whether an adult or a small child - especially the latter.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Wendy26 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 am Hi, can anyone tell me if or how the rear seatbelt buckles come out any further? The top of them is currently flush with the seat and since I bought new car seats for the kids which use the seatbelts it’s a real pain every time! I don’t want to buy extensions because they are not recommended and it’s for children’s use.
Thanks
Why don't you use the ISO fixings?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Greenman wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 am
Wendy26 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 am
Why don't you use the ISO fixings?
The ISO fix it to anchor the seat onto the car, the seat belts are then used to secure the child