One new car sale lost - Is this now the norm?

The place to discuss everything else..
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Sorry, but I don't get it, whats all the fuss is about the dealer taking a copy of your license when you ask for a test drive in a £22k car :roll:
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

fourbanks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 pm my last car dealer has never asked me for my driving licence over the past 20 years he has known me. just a shame I have had to leave his franchise for Mazda as I got fed up buying the new rubbish he used to sell me and at the end of the day you need to realise that things will only get worse
my new Mazda dealer is not a patch on my old one so will have to watch out for being conned at some point. I probably have been conned already as I ordered a set of mats for my new car and paid 50 pounds. I've just been told by Mazda that there only 40 pounds so you see you have to keep your wits about you with these large multi-franchise -business
I'm confused.

You blame your original dealer for the choices you made when buying new? So in a huff you went to another dealer who now provides you with a worse service?
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

fourbanks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 pm my last car dealer has never asked me for my driving licence over the past 20 years he has known me. just a shame I have had to leave his franchise for Mazda as I got fed up buying the new rubbish he used to sell me and at the end of the day you need to realise that things will only get worse
my new Mazda dealer is not a patch on my old one so will have to watch out for being conned at some point. I probably have been conned already as I ordered a set of mats for my new car and paid 50 pounds. I've just been told by Mazda that there only 40 pounds so you see you have to keep your wits about you with these large multi-franchise -business
I always wait till the deal has been verbally agreed, then ask for a set of mats to be thrown in never fails.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
switchback

Post by switchback »

fourbanks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 pm I probably have been conned already as I ordered a set of mats for my new car and paid 50 pounds. I've just been told by Mazda that there only 40 pounds so you see you have to keep your wits about you with these large multi-franchise -business
Perhaps they charged £10 for fitting :lol: .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:46 am
I'm confused.

You blame your original dealer for the choices you made when buying new? So in a huff you went to another dealer who now provides you with a worse service?
my last dealer of 20 years sold rubbish new cars but because I was looked after like family I went with that way of things. I know-all of my local dealers and none of them are any good
there is a difference between a good dealer and a bad car verses a good car and a bad dealer. I've gone for a good car this time of my choice with a poor dealership' as I said where I live near Gatwick airport there all the same poor and lack of any knowledge
not a ideal at all but that's life
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition