New CX-3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Hi All ,

Just to advise, I was lucky enough to pick up my new CX-3 in snowflake white on Saturday and do you know what , like you all said " its brilliant ".

It really is a great car and at least on par with my old golf GTD ( which I traded in ) , if not better in some respects. Its like sitting on my settee at home with a steering wheel lol.

I was scepticle I would miss the turbo charged woosh of the golf , but no , the CX-3 picks up really well and pulls well and its enjoyable to drive.

The infotainment system is the easiest I have ever encountered to operate and its a doddle and I just love walking away from the car and it locks itself !!

First impressions are excellent and im glad I have made the switch.

I really feel Mazdas in general are under rated anf deserve a bit more praise , I would say they are on par with VW, in my view.

Happy first few days !!
CX-3 Sport -Nav , Snowflake white, 120 BHP.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

So glad you are enjoying it Wayne. It was designed as a drivers car and I think it has met all the expectations of the designers. I always look forward to driving it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Congrats and happy motoring :D
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Glad you like it...just took me about three months to figure out all the tech stuff.
rbroadbe

Post by rbroadbe »

Hi there!

I've had my new CX3 just over a week now and I am loving it but does anyone find the 120bhp petrol engine is really noisy on cold start up? I've come from a 1.2 Juke where I never really noticed the engine noise differ between cold and warm starts.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Manual, Safety Pack.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

rbroadbe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am Hi there!

I've had my new CX3 just over a week now and I am loving it but does anyone find the 120bhp petrol engine is really noisy on cold start up? I've come from a 1.2 Juke where I never really noticed the engine noise differ between cold and warm starts.
It is down to the Skyactive engine that tends to give the impression that it is slightly over revving for the first 10 to 20 seconds.

Nothing to worry about once you get used to it.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

rbroadbe wrote: ↑Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am Hi there!

I did notice it on my first CX-3, but I don't notice it so much on my new one. It is a very high compression engine, almost like a diesel, which is why it is a bit noisier when it starts up.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
switchback

Post by switchback »

Does it sound like a really "muffled/strangled" sound? I think you'll find it's something to do with the emissions system doing a re-circulation or something like that. All my previous Mazda 6's did the same.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

switchback wrote: ↑Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm Does it sound like a really "muffled/strangled" sound? I think you'll find it's something to do with the emissions system doing a re-circulation or something like that. All my previous Mazda 6's did the same.
Mine does that muffled/strangled sound for about 5 seconds, its normal and my daughters last three Toyotas have done the same. I understand its exhaust recirculation.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.