Satnav update

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ivan

Post by ivan »

I just successfully updated my CX3 Satnav. I followed the advice and clicked Backup just in case.
Didn't need it but out of curiosity I tried to find it in my PC. Couldn't find it. Anyone have any ideas where it would be?
Sept 2017 CX3 Hatchback, ceramic. 2 litre petrol, Sport Nav manual. Get 36mpg.

Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I stand to be corrected but I think the backup is done to the memory card
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
ivan

Post by ivan »

Thanks for that suggestion. I'm not exactly the world champion in computer science.
How exactly do I post a new topic the forum. The only way I'vr found is through website issues
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:50 pm How exactly do I post a new topic the forum. The only way I'vr found is through website issues
From the Home Page, select a relevant section to place your question. "Main Mazda CX3 Chat" "Faults and Technical" etc when you click on your selection you will see a blue box "New Topic"
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Turbo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:42 pm I stand to be corrected but I think the backup is done to the memory card
It's more likely to be a file stored on the Naviextras server against the logged-in user's details, or possibly to a subdirectory of the Toolbox software program.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ivan

Post by ivan »

Thanks Turbo. That got me half way. Now I can't figure how to include the inverted commas bit that I am replying to.
It's probably "obvious" but I cant 'crack it.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm Thanks Turbo. That got me half way. Now I can't figure how to include the inverted commas bit that I am replying to.
Click on the commas and it will bring some test up starting with [quote and ending with "quote]" all the words within will be added to your post.
Put your cursor after the word "quote]" and press "enter" that will drop you down one line, type your text.
If you are not sure that you have done it correctly you can click on the "Preview" below the box.

PS, I like pork pies :lol:
Last edited by Turbo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If you’re using a mobile, tap the Full Editor & Preview button under the Quick Reply text box. That will allow you to see the inverted commas icon on previous posts in the thread in order to include a quote.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Didn't think he might be using a mobile as I always use my laptop, but yes you are correct
ivan

Post by ivan »

Turbo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 pm
ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm Thanks Turbo. That got me half way. Now I can't figure how to include the inverted commas bit that I am replying to.

Thanks Turbo. I've tried that on this one but I'm not sure if it worked. Yes the pork pies are quite tasty.