Spacesaver kit question.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Turbo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm
jtonline wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 pm You could probably just not use the foam inserts if you wrap the towing eyes and wheel nut wrench in something to stop them rattling about. A genuine clamp bolt could be sourced from the parts dept, of a Mazda dealer for about £5.
Can you tell me why the mat has to be changed on a Bose and what's the difference between the two mats ?
No, I don't have the spacesaver kit and I don't use a trunk mat on my car. My guess though, is that one probably has some foam block spacers on the underside of it.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Hi Turbo,
The dealer I use is EMG Mazda in Boston,Lincs. It could be that they agreed a competitive price as I had bought the car new only a few months ago and have been a customer of the branch for some years.It has recently changed ownership and they have been very keen to keep existing customers.
They did order the parts individually rather than as the advertised kit.I got the actual space saver wheel and tyre ,foam insert,jack,wheel brace ,nut to affix jack and boot floor mat.
The mat for the Bose cars is just a thin material circular mat to isolate the tyre from the steel floor.Obviously there is no mat when the car is new with no spare.The dealer did check the size of the wheel brace as apparently Mazda have changed the size of wheel nuts.They also confirmed that the space saver could be used for limited mileage on the AWD car.
I also got the dealer to supply a set of non Mazda rubber floor mats .I got the official Mazda budget mats included in the car price but they are poor and difficult to clean. The rubber mats have the proper circular connectors and are custom fit.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AJESSEX wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 pm ...The mat for the Bose cars is just a thin material circular mat to isolate the tyre from the steel floor...
No, the mat that Turbo is referring to, is the black carpet mat that goes between the luggage board and the top of the spare wheel. See the diagrams in my earlier post.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Apologies,My misunderstanding.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Thank you AJEssex and jtonline for the info.

Don't think my dealer will be that cooperative in doing me a deal, relationships became strained when they tried to switch cars on us without saying anything and the shit hit the fan when I got the CEO of the chain involved to resolve the debacle :roll: :roll:
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Just about to pick up my CX-3 this Friday (pictures to follow soon :D ) and have found https://www.tyremen.co.uk/wheels/17-maz ... royal-tyre. Will this be fine for my SE-L-NAV

Thanks
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Hi Paul,
As detailed above,I have purchased the official Mazda parts to make up the space saver kit.
Personally,I would always stick with main dealer supplied parts and in my case this was not that much more than your offer.
I cannot see in the advert the bolt required to secure the jack to your inner wing and there are no polystyrene panels.This is not crucial as you can wrap the tools in something.I do not have a wheel bag but did get the mat which goes on the boot floor.
AJ.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

If anybody is interested in fitting a space saver wheel instead of the tyre repair kit for the Bose system and saving a bit of money.

To buy all the new parts from a dealer the cheapest I could get it for was £305.
So I bought a second hand CX-3 unused space saver wheel -T125/90D16, jack, jack winder and wheel brace off Ebay for £110 inc. P&P, plenty to choose from on ebay.

I bought from the dealer two polystyrene boot inserts, DB3P-688F1A - £23.11, and DB3P-688E1A - £21.47
The felt under wheel insulator £9.27 - EG21-56135
and the jack securing bolt for £3.62 -B001-56170C.
I didn't buy the trunk mat, I feel that can be modified to suit ( stand to be corrected )

EDIT I can't for the life of me why Mazda says you have to change the mat everything fits perfectly well with the original one.
Total cost was £167.47
Last edited by Turbo on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Thanks Guys, I like your idea Turbo will check Ebay out.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

I am watching a spare tyre on Ebay and the seller says that it's off a 2016 CX-3 and the size is T135/90D16/102M, would this fit my car?
2.0 Litre SE-L-NAV