New CX-3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

rbroadbe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am I've had my new CX3 just over a week now and I am loving it but does anyone find the 120bhp petrol engine is really noisy on cold start up?
It's discussed before...

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1262

Gordongilchrist
Completely normal. The syyactive engine is trying to get heat to the catalytic convertor due to high thermal efficiency of engine n torturous exhaust header pipes. Best not to drive for 10 seconds r so. Unless u want to change catalytic converter early

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/201 ... ise-2.html

Wvtaco
Yes the first 10-30 second the engine will rev up not quite to 2.5 k and will advance the timing to heat the cats, it is kinda loud during hat but quiets down after that. We have 2 skyactiv cx5's and my 3 they all do it.

Youtube:

Google on "skyactiv cold start"
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic

rbroadbe

Post by rbroadbe »

Thanks for the responses! Glad to hear it’s normal.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Manual, Safety Pack.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

rbroadbe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am Hi there!

I've had my new CX3 just over a week now and I am loving it but does anyone find the 120bhp petrol engine is really noisy on cold start up? I've come from a 1.2 Juke where I never really noticed the engine noise differ between cold and warm starts.
i just thought it was the automatic choke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

were on our 3rd mazda now in 42 months, can not fault them.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
The Cap'n

Post by The Cap'n »

Congratulations Wayne I'm really glad you are enjoying it. How are things getting on now you're 2 weeks in? Still feeling the excitement every time you have to drive somewhere?
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Hi The Capn.

3 weeks in and the car is extremely good , I am getting about 39mpg and its a really pleasant driving experience.

One gripe !!! The passenger seatbelt rattles against door trim when not in use, solved noise , just buckled it up lol

I have got to fit the mud flaps this week as I am on annual leave , got all 4 for £20 ( aftermarket ) and very good quality.

Also picked up 4 CX-3 sill scuff plates for £30 and they are great quality also .

Both the above are from Ebay and I can recommend the products.

Tell you something though the seats on the CX-3 are so so comfy for my bad back !!
CX-3 Sport -Nav , Snowflake white, 120 BHP.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Hi Wayne, actually thinking of purchasing some mudguards myself from Ebay, which particular seller did you buy from.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

WayneE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:24 pm ........
One gripe !!! The passenger seatbelt rattles against door trim when not in use, solved noise , just buckled it up lol
WayneE,

I get the same problem when the belt hasn't retracted properly. If you pull it out slightly and then let it retract fully it should prevent the rattling against the door pillar trim.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

We've all had the rattling seatbelt, but as stated, reach across and flick it and it'll shut up.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Just taken delivery of my cx3 150ps AWD Sport Nav Auto with safety pack in Machine grey.What a difference to the 2015 model I had previously.It is a much smoother ride. Engine and road noise a vast improvement.Still trying to work out electronic hand brake and hold assist..I have noticed the handbook is also much improved it is thinner and less of "fitted to some models".All round a much better car
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Hi Paul,

Have a look on Ebay for slicaccessories .

The mud flaps are £19.99 inclusive of P&P.

Just put Mazda CX-3 mud flaps in search engine on Ebay then slicaccessories will come up

Cheers
CX-3 Sport -Nav , Snowflake white, 120 BHP.