Air con

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

To st3v3cx-3. Totally agree.

In response to IWRA. I told them there was no way I was going to take the car back if it wasn’t working because I was fed up of constantly having to come back to the dealership. They’ve promised us a courtesy car whilst the repair is being carried out.
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Had a call today whilst car was in for service and I had drawn to their attention the lack of air-con AND the inability to achieve a comfortable temp in the cabin over recent weeks/months, they told me a full check had been done and all was OK :? I printed the control panel TSB and took it down to them - luckily the mech' dealing was there and said it was the first thing he checked as they were fully aware of this problem - I pointed out it was dependent on outside temp and it is *exactly* what we were experiencing so with no further ado he said he would order a new control panel and replace under warranty no problem. Happy Bunny.

I'm pretty damn sure if it was VW I had taken a vehicle back with a problem they certainly wouldn't have listened if I'd pulled out a printed TSB! They'd have tightened ranks and just said the mech' has found no fault.

Sorry.... Still can't get over how VW have treated customers over the past few years............ I'll get me coat :x
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

To AndyRen.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a TSB?
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Stedmeister wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am To AndyRen.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a TSB?
I believe that is a Technical Service Bulletin which manufacturers issue to their distributors advising them of the issues and how to proceed with diagnosing and fixing the fault.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Thanks Strangways.

Having had a quick look at the TSB’s issued its a wonder the technicians have time to work on the cars!!
The Cap'n

Post by The Cap'n »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 pm
IWRA wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 pm Why do they need to keep the car for 3 weeks? It should be drivable. They have never done anything different in my experience, it would appear, crazy as it is, that in spite of all the A/C problems they have had they don't have stock parts in the UK.
If it is anything like my part of the country, Mazda dealers are few and far between and getting anything like a service or warranty work done needs to be booked at least 3 weeks in advance and if requiring a courtesy car nearer 6 weeks. I find it inexcusable with the air con situation in recent years that Mazda dealers weren't told to hold a small stock of each of the 3 items - to be replaced on an as used basis - so that any warranty problems couldn't be fixed without a further delay in ordering parts.
Yeah, it seems a shame that they don't do this because from this post and just from anecdotal evidence from friends, this seems to be a somewhat common issue. I'm surprised they don't actually keep a small stock of this to be honest. How come the time is doubled for a courtesy car?
Pete collier

Post by Pete collier »

As there been a recall for this fault at all do we know, or does it have to be an health and safety risk first like on the Mazda 6 hatch tail lift struts.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Pete collier wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 am As there been a recall for this fault at all do we know, or does it have to be an health and safety risk first like on the Mazda 6 hatch tail lift struts.
Some members here say they've been told there's been a recall on (either/or/both) the evaporator and condenser, but it's never been mentioned to me when I've been to the dealer and I have no proof of either having been changed on my vehicle.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Pete collier wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 am As there been a recall for this fault at all do we know, or does it have to be an health and safety risk first like on the Mazda 6 hatch tail lift struts.
I'm certain there have been no official recalls on the a/c problems. According the the DVSA website, recalls involve "safety related defects due to a feature of design or construction, and which are liable to cause significant risk of injury to the driver, occupants of the vehicle or other road users. "

Recall information can be checked out on their website http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I have never been given any paper record of any work undertaken under warrantee, when asked I was told it's held on the car records database at Mazda. They are happy to give you a paper record of annual services you pay for. I have kept copies of the recall letters I have been sent, but no recalls issued on the A/C.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather