New Member - Also query re: auto headlights and auto windscreen wipers not functioning

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
petero

Post by petero »

Hi all - just joined the forum and have first query. I have recently noted that the auto headlights function and the rain sensor auto screen wipers function are not working. They have both worked perfectly well previously. Anyone had similar issues before?
03/18 CX-3 Sport Nav, Snowflake White Pearl, 2.0 manual

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Peter and welcome to the forums. I think both sensors are located in the magic box behind the mirror. Have you checked that the windscreen is clean where the sensors are located? If that is clear then maybe it's a connection problem.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Wot 'e said ^
AND.... has it been in for service or anything recently as the mech's often switch the auto lights and auto wipe off?!?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
steve67

Post by steve67 »

go into the menu settings, just check the boxes are ticked
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
petero

Post by petero »

Thanks all for the responses - I've cleaned windscreen, not had it in for service yet and have checked the menu settings - it's in dealer for 1st service in a week's time so will ask them to investigate. A puzzle!
santa

Post by santa »

The two systems uses the same sensor, so it sounds like that might be defect in some way.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Had that fault with mine, the sensor had come away from the screen after replacing twice which resolved the issue for a few days, the dealership realised it was the fixing on the screen which was at fault and was not replaceable. Which meant a new windscreen had to be fitted, under warranty of course.
If you looked at the windscreen from the outside where the sensor is in front of the mirror, you could see the problem when compaired to another CX3 screen. Have a look at yours just in case that is the problem.
My dealership said that after a conversation with Mazda whome informed them it was not the first screen that they have had to replace due to that happening.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
petero

Post by petero »

Thanks DaveG
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

Hi Peter
Make sure the steering column stalks are in the correct position, just selecting AUTO on the twist selector ring isn't enough. I am sure the left hand stalk, which moves forward/back for dip/main needs to be set on main for the lights to function in AUTO. The wiper stalk may be something similar but I cannot remember without playing with it.

Richard
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Mrbluesky wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am Hi Peter
Make sure the steering column stalks are in the correct position, just selecting AUTO on the twist selector ring isn't enough. I am sure the left hand stalk, which moves forward/back for dip/main needs to be set on main for the lights to function in AUTO. The wiper stalk may be something similar but I cannot remember without playing with it.

Richard
For the auto wipe to work the stalk simply has to be just one position down from the off position. The auto lights on and off will function with the twist selector in the auto position, but will need to be set for the main beam for the auto dip to function.
Provided of course the relevant boxes have been ticked.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019