SD Card Maps Deleted

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
ACE

Post by ACE »

Hi,

I was attempting to update my CX-3's maps today, but toolbox wasn't picking up the SD card. Both my Mac and a PC identified it was plugged in, but tool box did not pick it up. As a result, I reformatted the SD card (stupidly) and lost all information on it. It is now blank and no longer works in the car. Is there any way to rectify this? I have tried using software to restore the files but it is expensive and I am unsure if it will work properly.

I have seen that eBay has 2018/2019 SD cards at about £40 and people have been happy with them, but I was wondering if there is another way to restore the lost files OR download them again to the card.

I contacted Mazda today, but as it is a Saturday, the technicians aren't in today - I am waiting to hear from them on Monday.

Please help!
CX-3 Sport Nav, Meteor Grey, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic

Turbo

Post by Turbo »

It should have given you the option to back up the card, by chance did you do that?
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Unsure why Toolbox would not have recognised the SD Card if your computer did.

You will probably not be able to use restore software because they usually rescue the files, but not the original directory structure.

Mazda will probably not be able to help you, other than to sell you a new map card.

You could buy a card off eBay, and hope that it's an unused card. Once the card is used in a car for a few miles it is locked to only work in that car.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ACE

Post by ACE »

Thank you for your replies.

I have had the car for nearly 2 years and haven't really needed to update the maps, so naturally haven't needed to backup. I think I did update the maps a quite some time ago, but tool box was not recognising the SD card.

I would hope that Mazda would see that the car is still fairly new and that the SD card is faulty and give me a replacement card for free as I haven't yet used the three free years of maps yet. I guess I will find out Monday.

The eBay seller seems trustworthy and states that the cards are brand new and unused.
CX-3 Sport Nav, Meteor Grey, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic
steve67

Post by steve67 »

are you sure the sd card wasn't locked? did you slide the switch on the sd card over?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Can't help you re getting your card to work, but I did find something that may be pertinent when you get a replacement (From CX-3 Forum.com where someone bought an eBay replacement card)........

>>>>

I looked at the Mazda Toolbox app and the Help section. Found a "HOW-TO GUIDE: How to identify and register your Infotainment System with Mazda Toolbox?" where it mentions a site Toolbox uses to link to your user profile, site is called Mazda-na.Naviextras.com

If you click on the Free Updates link on this site you'll be taken to a page where there is the following text :-

"To be sure your Mazda Connect always has the latest updates, use the Mazda Toolbox to view and download available updates and content, including complimentary map updates for three years, commencing when the vehicle has traveled 100km (63 miles) with the SD card inserted. These map updates will be released twice each year in the autumn and spring."

So maybe this is where the mileage query has arisen?

<<<<

The above was referring to the fact that the new card owner inserted the new (eBay) card into the car, drove 'round the block', removed the card to update it and it was subsequently corrupted - due to him not driving 100km for the car to register the card onboard!

So before trying to update the new card, drive for 100km with it in the car first - Not just in the glove box though of course :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

steve67 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:49 am are you sure the sd card wasn't locked? did you slide the switch on the sd card over?
Good thought, but if the lock tab had been moved, the OP would not have been able to format the card.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd