Mazda MZD firmware 56.513 issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Paul862

Post by Paul862 »

Before the recent second authorised UK Mazda service the Infotainment system (FM radio) would operate for say 20 minutes without having the key in the car. I could also insert a 16GB usb flash drive (format FAT32) loaded with mp3 music files which would work fine. The service included an MZ Connected update from 7000 (so the garage says) to 56.513 due to Navigation freezes at times/ reboots.. Now the FM will not work without the key in the car, nor will a 4GB or the 16GB flash drive. Mazda have told the garage that the usb will only accept an 8GB drive. Has anyone experienced any similar issues while I await to buy an 8GB drive which is not readily available in the shops.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Auto. Dynamic Blue Mica. From new Mar 2017. Surrey UK.

Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Paul862 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:30 pm Before the recent second authorised UK Mazda service the Infotainment system (FM radio) would operate for say 20 minutes without having the key in the car. I could also insert a 16GB usb flash drive (format FAT32) loaded with mp3 music files which would work fine. The service included an MZ Connected update from 7000 (so the garage says) to 56.513 due to Navigation freezes at times/ reboots.. Now the FM will not work without the key in the car, nor will a 4GB or the 16GB flash drive. Mazda have told the garage that the usb will only accept an 8GB drive. Has anyone experienced any similar issues while I await to buy an 8GB drive which is not readily available in the shops.
We have a Scandisk 32GB formatted FAT32, 3/4 full with 4,200 mp3 tracks and runs perfectly except for one small glitch, very occasionally it plays a track, and then replays the same track over and over and not move onto the next track. The way we stop it is to turn off the USB player, go onto a radio channel and then back to the USB
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

My firmware is 59.00.545 so yours seems to be an outdated one.
I use a 32GB usb drive which doesn't give any problems.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Paul862

Post by Paul862 »

Thanks for the info Turbo & HouseSpider, I'll get back to the garage on Monday. Can you please give me an update on the Infotainment working without the key in the car. The garage said that he did believe me but to his mind it should not work without the key.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Auto. Dynamic Blue Mica. From new Mar 2017. Surrey UK.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It sounds like the people you're spreaking to at your garage need to do some manufacturer's training.

I've had a 32GB USB memory stick in the car since I bought it and have gone through various versions of MZD Connect software and it's always worked faultlessly.

Operating System Version 56.00.513B is old; 59.00,545A was released in June 2018. I'm now on 70.00.100A because I have the Apple Car Play accessory, but I believe dealers can install this version even without the accessory.

The ignition has an ACCessory position where things like the audio system will work without the engine running, Just press the Start/Stop button once without pressing any of the foot pedals. You do need to be carrying the key though. Power will time out after a while so the battery doesn't go flat. It's described in the Owner's Manual.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

My car was in for the 3yr service today. Asked them to carry out a warranty update to the Infotainment system software. It was on version 59.00.502 and now is version 70.00.021. I'm guessing this isn't the "full" 70.00.100 version as I don't have the Apple Car Play accessory. I'm looking forward to RDS Traffic Updates that never happened on the 2 previous 59.xx.xxx versions I had, along with various fixes to certain navigation bugs.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Paul862

Post by Paul862 »

An update on my original post. When the car was serviced in Mar 18 the MZD had the 56.513 software and this March the garage upgraded it to 70.000.xxx which failed my two USB drives. On returning to the garage my drives worked in other Mazdas fitted with the 59 software but not the 70. As there was also an issue with the Navigation not booting properly Mazda UK this week agreed to replace the CMU which the garage believed would come with the 59 software which they would not upgrade to 70, however it came with 70.00.100 (I don’t have Apple Carplay) – my drives still refuse to work. The garage tried one of their own usb drives and it worked in both my and other cars. When I come back from holiday I will purchase a new usb drive and try again.

I hadn’t noticed before but when playing CD’s all I get is playing Track 1 etc. no album photo, album name, track title or artist – is this normal.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

With some CDs yes.

When was the Gracenote database last updated in your car?
Paul862

Post by Paul862 »

The installed Music Database version is 00.08.000. If this is out of date I won't be able to update to Gracenote June 2108 yet until the drive issue is resolved.