Dual Mass Flywheel kaput after 39000 miles

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
MGrev

Post by MGrev »

Hi
Just 7 months outside warranty and major gearbox issue with CX3 1.5,Sport Diesel
Dual mass flywheel kaput after 39000 miles
Anyone else had same problem
This shouldn’t happen at this mileage
Mazda unhelpful not even offering goodwill
Appreciate info from anyone with same issue
Mike

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Mike, I can't really help with this, but I am surprised Mazda aren't interested in investigating the cause. They usually want to know why these things happen. From what I understand the most common cause is high torque, like towing heavy loads or driving in a gear that is too high. At least they could have eliminated those issues by plugging in there diagnostic tool and downloading the information from the on board computer.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
MGrev

Post by MGrev »

Thanks for reply
Will continue my conversation with Mazda
Liked the car but seems there are big issues with the CX3 that Mazda need to sort
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

A quick search on the web re dual mass flywheel failures pulls up failures from all marques so I'm not so sure it's just Mazda (although the 6 seems to have more than some?).... Why change something that has worked well?! (ie a standard clutch)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

MGrev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:12 pm there are big issues with the CX3 that Mazda need to sort
such as?
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 am
MGrev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:12 pm there are big issues with the CX3 that Mazda need to sort
such as?
While I sympathize. I along with many others I know have had to replace a duel mass flywheel along with clutch at around 50k. It's pretty commonn and not unique to Mazda. Virtually all diesels have them now for better experience. What ever u do don't fit a custom solid flywheel replacement as it will be horrible 😉 this is one of reasons I drive an auto as new flywheel every 50k mounts up.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
MGrev

Post by MGrev »

Thanks for the comments and feedback folks
AimeeT11

Post by AimeeT11 »

Hi Mike.
I wanted to ask if you got anywhere with the dual mass flywheel issue with Mazda? I have the same problem at with my cx3 at 37k miles. Mazda don’t seem to be interested in giving me a repair as a good will gesture so wanted to know if you had any luck?
Thanks
Aimee
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

i guess all you can do and for those thinking about this car is to take out the extended warranty after the 3rd year. not ideal for everyone but for those at my age 65 have very little choice. or go with a Kia and their 7 year warranty
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

AimeeT11 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:09 pm Hi Mike.
I wanted to ask if you got anywhere with the dual mass flywheel issue with Mazda? I have the same problem at with my cx3 at 37k miles. Mazda don’t seem to be interested in giving me a repair as a good will gesture so wanted to know if you had any luck?
Thanks
Aimee
all manufacturers are the same sad to say full of good reasons why their cars are great and get stuffed on the after-sales
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition