Goodbye

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

Goodbye to you all and the Mazda CX3 - I traded my car in yesterday for a VW T-Cross First Edition. Very similar in size but a bigger boot, connectivity and other features far more advanced than the new CX3.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/the-ne ... ss/explore
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Goodbye, and welcome back soon ;)
Soon you will find out what you miss ............
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

You will soon be back...once your VW has broken down, you receive zero customer care and you realise German quality is a myth...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Bye😪
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Good luck with your new aquisition.👍
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I was very happy with the Mazda other than a couple of niggles, the hard ride, small boot and poor performance of the climate control. The diesel engine took an age to heat up and around town I was usually at my destination before the cabin started to heat up. For that reason I loved the heated seats. Fuel economy was brilliant. I visited the garage 10 times in 4 years for recalls and warranty issues. Customer care from Clevedon Mazda couldn't be faulted. I found the red paintwork impossible to touch up. I was shocked in the end by the large number of stone chips on the bonnet which showed up as white spots.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I am always surprised, but perhaps i shouldn't be, by people who find dissatisfaction with issues that can easily be identified in the showroom (space, comfort, controls) or on a decent test drive ( ride, performance, noise).

Diesel engines always take a long time to warm up. That’s why more and more cars have air con which doesn’t rely on engine heat to warm the interior.

If a car is primarily used for popping into town, then a diesel probably isn't appropriate.

I hope your new car proves better suited to your needs.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Got to agree with Greenman, but my guess is that you didn't try the 2019 CX3. I'm sure all your issues have all been sorted (apart from boot space). There really is an amazing improvement between the old and new models. Never mind you have made a decision and there is no point dwelling on it now. The reviews of the VW are good apart from the handling, but that is to be expected. I'm sure you will enjoy your new purchase.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED