Sat Nav screen & red 'BRAKE' indication

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Hi, Driving to/from Yorkshire over the Easter weekend I noticed the following...

1. As I was driving the map on the centre screen (set to 3D) was flickering as it moved in line with the cars position. I have the latest map so not sure if anyone else has experienced similar? Its still occurring a few days later so will ask when it goes in for its service. The other screens - Entertainment, System etc appear to be ok.

2. On the HUD, as I was braking the word 'BRAKE' in red appeared, I've never seen this before, again any clues?

Cheers

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Re point 2 it thinks you may have left your braking too late and that is a warning before it applies the brakes for you.
Had the red brake warning once but that was because a cyclist was coming towards me on my side of the road.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

MrMildrew wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:08 pm
2. On the HUD, as I was braking the word 'BRAKE' in red appeared, I've never seen this before, again any clues?

Cheers
The manual says it's the Collision Warning system or SBS (Smart Break Support). II guess you were about to hit something.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

MJC1216 & alanandlyn.

Thanks for your replies, it must have been the sheep in the road (at least the system works). 😃