Tyres oem or another brand

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm
captaindave wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:00 pm Whats the issue with the Bridgestones ?

Our CX3 has them ( Turanzas)

Thanks
Personally, I've had them on other vehicles (Bridgestone Potenzas), they last for ages because they are fairly hard, but because of their hardness they were awfully noisy - something the CX-3 can well do without, at least the earlier models and I understand others on the forum have had the same issues.
Will ask the better half if she has noticed it ( i have only been in the car once when we picked it up haha )
Given they have only done 5K miles, might be hard to justify binning them unless the noise is that bad.
Cheers for feedback anyway bud.
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm
mum@mazda wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm Toyo are currently fitted, have not had an issue with them, 24000 mls, so not complaining, just willing to try something different if there is anything out there.
I'd stick with the Toyo's myself, it's funny Strangways mentioned the constant correcting because when we first had the car we noticed the same thing, but as we got used to the car we became less aware and now we don't feel there is a problem... weird?
I'm sure I would have got used to it if I only drove the CX3, but as I'm out in the MX5 at every opportunity it was noticeable every time I got back into the CX3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Strangways wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 am I'm sure I would have got used to it if I only drove the CX3, but as I'm out in the MX5 at every opportunity it was noticeable every time I got back into the CX3.
I also have access to other vehicles and still have no problem with the CX-3 now - how weird?!? :? Tyre pressures?? Who knows? Never mind eh. 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 am I'm sure I would have got used to it if I only drove the CX3, but as I'm out in the MX5 at every opportunity it was noticeable every time I got back into the CX3.
I also have access to other vehicles and still have no problem with the CX-3 now - how weird?!? :? Tyre pressures?? Who knows? Never mind eh. 8-)
It's possibly the particular roads I use the CX3 on that have emphasised it more. Not an issue with the new model though :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

jtonline wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:45 pm Still got my 215/50R18 Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter tyres on at the moment, but i'm considering the Falken AZENIS FK-453CC but haven't made my mind up yet :?
JT, what tyres did you eventually get? The Falkens seem to have the better rating of any of the tyres available.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:17 pm
captaindave wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:00 pm Whats the issue with the Bridgestones ?

Our CX3 has them ( Turanzas)

Thanks
Personally, I've had them on other vehicles (Bridgestone Potenzas), they last for ages because they are fairly hard, but because of their hardness they were awfully noisy - something the CX-3 can well do without, at least the earlier models and I understand others on the forum have had the same issues.
My CX-3 still has the original Bridgestone Turanzas, which are the noisiest and hardest tyres I have ever experienced in over 50 years driving. The car bumps over every pothole and drain cover, and if I ran over a coin in the road I could probably tell whether it was heads or tails :lol: .

Still with 5mm of tread left, I cannot stand them any longer and will be replacing them with softer all season tyres. After considerable research, the choice is between Continental All Season Contact or Goodyear 4 Season Gen-2. At my age, comfort and silence are more important than cost or mileage.

As for buying a 2019 CX-3, that would be condoning Mazda's inability to get the design right first time :evil: .
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

I am still undecided. Originals are wearing on the shoulders, both fronts that is. Pressures are as recommended, so it must be my "spirited" driving style. Toyos are available for £111 fitted, so will probably go for those, but in the short term, i am upping the pressures a little at the front, just to see how it rides, and to get a couple more miles out of them, the centre 3/4 is not down to the wear markers yet.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Mine are also wearing on the shoulders but still got +3mm. However they now seem to be getting noisier as they wear towards the legal limit.
The one thing I'm concerned about with changing brand is the wear rate. Previously 20-25k is the distance I've had with a set so the Toyos have far exceeded that by 100%.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

You've done really well with that mileage. I'm approaching 30000. You must drive like an angel lol. :D :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I don't race off the line or brake hard, just read the road & conditions ahead.