premium v regular unleaded

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Norwichnigel

Post by Norwichnigel »

I put my first tank of premium petrol in today and it ‘feels” smoother. And dare I say a little quieter.

The Cap'n

Post by The Cap'n »

I, like others, simply use regular. I have tried premium a few times but for me personally I don't notice much difference, so I never use it.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

What the car sounds or feels like is irrelevant. It’s what supermarket fuel is doing to the internal engine components that matters. Before I get the old “using it for years” routine, you haven’t had a Euro 6 engine for years.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

zoylander wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
and the repeated droning of the same point :D

haven't you changed your tyres yet :roll:
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

:roll: :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Always try to buy regular at supermarkets. Not only is it cheaper, but its also quicker now that most Shell/BP forecourts have a Waitrose or a Marks or a coffee shop that add to cashpoint chaos and a traffic jam queue at actual pump.....grrrr.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Greenman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm
zoylander wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.

The only droning is from the tyres, which still have 5mm of tread remaining, but they will be changed before the winter.

The replacements have been chosen, and I will report on their performance in due course.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

zoylander wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm

The only droning is from the tyres, which still have 5mm of tread remaining, but they will be changed before the winter.

The replacements have been chosen, and I will report on their performance in due course.
Zoylander, I'd be interested in which tyres you've chosen. I'm 95% sure I'm going for the Falken FK453 CC.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
March

Post by March »

Take a look at the PDF attachments. Ethanol in regular petrol will corrode the engine. Having read this I use premium at least every 3 tanks. In my MX5 I use it in every tank.

ethanol 2.pdf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
ethanol 1.pdf
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 256 times