Petrol pump clicking off

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm not keen on this game. I tried it once and the local petrol station was closed when I went to fill up. I didn't have enough to risk the next nearest so I spent the day at home. Now I fill up when I'm down to a quarter tank.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Owner's Manual wrote:...We recommend keeping the tank over 1/4 full...
;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

switchback wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm I reckon there's still about 80/100 miles left in the tank after you get the low level warning light.
dare you to test that :D

I ran 50 miles after the light came on and only filled up with 42 litres...
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

HouseSpider wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm
Greenman wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am I managed 495 miles, with 12 left on the range, but it only took 42 litres

Disappointed as I wanted to crack the 500 mile range....
That is really good going. I haven't got as near to the 500 mark as you. I'll have up my game 😀
I'm a little annoyed. I picked up new replacement cx3 sport nav auto petrol early April. Almost 2k miles up now and can only manage 40mpg average. Best I can muster is about 50mpg on long run.

WTF

Previous cx3 after 1k miles I was getting almost 55mpg occasionally 60mpg on long runs and averaging 44mpg. I was pretty chuffed with my last CX3 and raved to people about its enonomy. It is now noticeably worse on fuel. Don't know what's going on. Same tyres n checked pressure. Did notice claimed mpg has gone down and power is up slightly.

What on earth have Mazda done. Any ideas?
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
switchback

Post by switchback »

Greenman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 pm
switchback wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm I reckon there's still about 80/100 miles left in the tank after you get the low level warning light.
dare you to test that :D

I ran 50 miles after the light came on and only filled up with 42 litres...
Which means you still had about 6 litres left in the tank(for a 2wd car). So 100 miles after the light comes on is about right. I'm not tempted to test it though...........................Just handy to know if you're desperate.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Personally I fill up when I decide the car needs it, pay the nice person and drive away, I - along with Strangways - do not play this game, I was once in a rented van with someone who wanted to eek out every penny for fuel and ended up walking along the A2 in pouring rain with him (and my 12 yr old son!) to the next exit - not fun!!!
On our recent few days away in Wales (should have been a week, but the weather forced an early trip home) I managed to up my MPG to 38.6 from a long time 34.4.
It is what it is. 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...