Service Plan Renewal problem.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I recently received an email from Emac advising me that my 3 year prepaid Service Plan was about to expire.
I renewed the Plan by telephone and was promised confirmation of renewal by email or by post. Instead I received two reminders.

Having checked with the dealer that the renewed Plan was in place I complained to Emac who replied "Your enquiry has been passed to the relevant department (they didn't say which one) for their review. We will endeavour to respond as soon as possible."

That was on 20th June, since when I have heard nothing.

Has anyone else renewed their Service Plan, and if so did they receive confirmation of renewal?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

It sounds like they need a rocketing give them one.
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

what are the approx costs for extending service plan? have you extended the warranty?
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I renewed mine at the service desk in-store whilst booking my last service on the previous service plan.
Didn't receive any further confirmation besides the paperwork. Check to see if they are taking the direct debit from your bank. If they are then I would have thought you're signed up.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

RobRoy594 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 am what are the approx costs for extending service plan? have you extended the warranty?
The Service Plan has been extended for one year at £15.63 per month. This is less than the £16.49 per month that I was paying for the original three year plan, but as yet I have no paperwork whatsoever to confirm renewal, hence my original post.

Yes I have extended the Warranty for a further year with a single payment of £372.78 for the highest level of cover i.e. "Complete" including roadside assistance. Don't pay by instalments as the total price rises considerably. Although I hope never to need it, at my age there is no point in having anything less than the best cover.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Nothing wrong with budgeting with a Mazda service plan However-would suggest also budget for additional wear and tear items ( £not included). In addition of course the vehicle will be exposed to a compulsory MOT £charge with likely "£advisables". All in all I would guess the real cost of a fourth service might be close on £500-plus more if new tyres are needed.
Comments welcome....
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

On top of the service plan I set aside just over £100 a month (in to a dedicated car fund account) for tyres, insurance, tax etc. If it doesn't get spent it's there to help in the deposit for the next upgrade.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Mazdaman72 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 am It sounds like they need a rocketing give them one.
Rocket has been launched. Let's see what happens when it lands!
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Phone and email having failed, I sent eMac a LETTER in an ENVELOPE with a STAMP. They received it today and phoned to apologise.
I am assured that confirmation of renewal will be emailed within 24 hours, followed by a letter in the post. Wait and see......
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

:?: What's a "stamp"?