Fitment Guide for CX-3 Auto Folding Mirror Kit C850-V7-650A

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Pukmeister wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 am Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated. I will have a play with the keyfob regarding double locking, the car has keyless entry and start.

With respect, in no way would I ever contemplate using scotchlock connectors, hateful things. They cause hotspots in cables and poor connections that are prone to falling off or causing wires to break.
I understand your reluctance to use Scotchloc connectors - But I would imagine hotspots etc would be down to using the incorrect size block for the cable size - making them a product that should be used by somebody who is aware of the problems perhaps?...... It was merely a suggestion :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am
AndyRen wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 am
jtonline wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm You can activate double locking by pressing the lock button on the key fob twice within 3 seconds.
Pressing one of the door buttons (or the boot lid 'offset' button) also activates the double locking system if I'm not mistaken?

I think you'd have to press the door button twice. I believe double locking is also activated if walk-away locking is enabled.

I've always pressed the door button once on leaving the car - thinking it set the double locking feature - .... but on checking the online manual (to confirm JT's statement of pressing it twice) it would appear all I have been doing is just locking the car - the same as just walking away....... I think??? It is something that can be changed according to the manual - But I find the online manual confusing to say the least - following links within the manual itself doesn't always take you to where you would assume it should!! I click a link to find info on how to operate something and I am taken to the 'warnings' area with still no info on how to actually operate the function!..... I click on a link to find how to change a vehicle setting and am taken to the audio settings area!! :evil: I MUST be doing something wrong somewhere... I ain't usually this stoopid! (some wouldn't agree :lol: )
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The auto-locking feature also double locks the car, as JT stated earlier.
When we go shopping the wife gets in the car, I load the car (as we men are usually left to do :roll: ) and then return the trolley to the trolley car. I normally have the key in my pocket so the car autolocks when I leave the "zone of influence". She can do nothing, not even open the door due to the double locking, and more often than not the alarm goes off :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mja64

Post by Mja64 »

Having fitted this kit twice, once on a 6 and once on a CX-3, I thought I'd just try and offer a little helpful info. I can definitely say that this job can be a right pita! To make life easier get yourself a set of the soft plastic trim removal tools and a set of electrical connector removal tools (look on Amazon for "Auto Terminals Removal Tool Set,Car Electrical Wiring Crimp Connector Pin Extractor Kit for Car Repair")

The instructions are as clear as mud when it comes to removing the 2 screws. To access the screw behind the door release lever, you will need to carefully pry out a small piece of plastic trim thats sat just behind the silver lever. To remove the window and mirror switch panel, you need to remove a larger section using the trim tools than the instructions show.

20190731_163242.jpg

Remove the screw behind there and remove the door panel.

Here's where the fun begins! The first time I did this job I didn't have the set of connector removal tools, and it took me forever to remove the pins from the blocks, I almost sacked the whole thing off a couple of times. Using the tool that is 1.5mm wide and 0.5mm thick insert it as shown, this will allow the connector to be pulled out the back of the block.

20190731_153148.jpg

20190731_153106.jpg

20190731_153111.jpg

Inserting the pins is pretty straightforward. To remove the pin from the door lock connector, insert the tool from the rear of the block. (When the instructions mention option 1 and 2 for the double locking system, this isn't a question of what you want, your car will be already wired the same as option 1 or 2 that's all, depending on the position of the Yellow Brown wire)

20190731_160426.jpg

Make sure that all the connectors are firmly pushed in when finishing, I didn't and had that sinking feeling when I tested it all and it didn't work. Overall like I said not a fun job, and really don't attempt it unless you have the tool or similar. HTH somebody.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi, Mja64, I'm sure that info. will be very useful for anyone contemplating a DIY fit.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd