Hello All

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Thaxted

Post by Thaxted »

Hello. I purchased my Mazda last week after being away from driving for 2 1/2 years. It is fab! I have had mazda's before, even when the indicator sticks were on the other side of the steering wheel!
I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks now and have found lots of helpful info, so thank you everyone for your help. I look forward to finding out lots of other info.
I'm from Northern Ireland and love living here. Is anyone else from around Newtownards?
Thaxted
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2018 Soul Red, manual petrol.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Ian and welcome to the forums. Glad you are enjoying your purchase. Can I ask why you have not been driving for that long?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Morning & welcome
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome to the forums.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

👍 Welcome
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Thaxted

Post by Thaxted »

Strangways wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm Hi Ian and welcome to the forums. Glad you are enjoying your purchase. Can I ask why you have not been driving for that long?
Hi, not sure why you've called me Ian, I'm not even a bloke 😂🤣.

My license was revoked on medical grounds so first of all I had to get my health better, then the DVA faced about for so long that my NCB ran out as it's only eligible for 2 years. I'm quite miffed about that, to say the least!
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Thaxted wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 pm
Strangways wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm Hi Ian and welcome to the forums. Glad you are enjoying your purchase. Can I ask why you have not been driving for that long?
Hi, not sure why you've called me Ian, I'm not even a bloke 😂🤣.

My license was revoked on medical grounds so first of all I had to get my health better, then the DVA faced about for so long that my NCB ran out as it's only eligible for 2 years. I'm quite miffed about that, to say the least!
:lol: Sorry, I think I had been chatting to a guy called Ian on the MX5Driver forum. Well I'm glad your health has improved and you have purchased yourself a lovely little CX3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Thaxted

Post by Thaxted »

Thanks.

Can I just point out to everyone that, following a discussion in the 'insurance' thread, every time you renew your license you will be treated as a new driver regardless of how many years you gave actually been driving for! So when your 10 year license runs out then you will have a massive increase in premiums as you will then be a 'new' driver.
Many insurance companies are apparently doing this now. I find it very bizarre and as I have a 3 year license I will never see any decent reduction in my insurance costs!!!
Please do pass this on.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That's interesting. I would have thought if you've got a restricted licence on medical grounds the insurance companies would fall foul of the Equality Act (or Disability Discrimination Act in NI) if they treated you differently at renewal unless a medical report showed you were a worse risk . Perhaps Dan@Adrian Flux would care to comment. (I had a 3 year restricted licence when I passed my test, but my disability doesn't get worse or improve so I appealed to the DVLA and they issued a 10 year one).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd