Insurance cost

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Swinton charged me £224 last year which then upped to £279 last week. Got them to discount to £253 which i accepted. Churchill were offering £218 on comparison site which i considered.
Next year I shall go for the cheapest whatever emerges from this smoke and mirrors guessing game!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Insurance is a minefield. I had been with Direct Line for 4 years, but they increased the premium so much this year I decided to shop around. There are so many variables (inclusions and exclusions) that it can be difficult to know if you are getting a direct comparison. So basing it on my previous Direct Line cover I tried LV and a comparison website. All the offers from the comparison site were higher than LV and lower than Direct Line. I spoke to Direct Line who reduced their offer (what a cheek) but it was still dearer than LV. The amount I pay is really irrelevant to anybody else because of the variants I have included, but it came to £298 with which I am happy with compared to all other offers for the same cover. I wasn't just looking for the cheapest, I was looking for the best value for money for the cover I wanted.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

When I had my renewal back in May LV added over £80. I then declared I was a "member" as I have a financial policy with them and they then reduced it again by about £100. It was then as cheap as the lowest on the comparison sites.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HouseSpider wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm When I had my renewal back in May LV added over £80. I then declared I was a "member" as I have a financial policy with them and they then reduced it again by about £100. It was then as cheap as the lowest on the comparison sites.
I understand what you are saying, you have to question every offer you get. It really shouldn't be like that. Anyway I got the best deal that met my requirements, which is the important fact.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Thaxted wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm Hi Dan, thank you for your reply but I've just realised that I made an error.
I had been all set to go with AF but had to pass my test again. When i first contacted company (Charlotte) i explained that i had originally passed my test in 1979 and that the DVA assured me that my license would officially date back to 1979 ( so I've been driving a long time) once I passed my test. "No problem" I was told, "that's fine".
However, when I phoned to activate the insurance the person I spoke to (Sophie) insisted that I be treated as a new driver, I.e. with zero driving experience. That increased the premium by £230! so needless to say I declined and went with a different company.
If you could check this then I would change to AF as the quote was originally more competitive.
Sorry for the confusion - I was really quite annoyed by the change in approach within two days.
Thaxted
Hi again,

If you could provide me with your full name / postcode I can look into this for you.

Regards,

Dan
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

my insurance on my new cx3 with Mazda insurance came to £520 and that's with 40 years of NCD nor any points or fines including parking. i guess that's reasonable for a new car?
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

fourbanks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am my insurance on my new cx3 with Mazda insurance came to £520 and that's with 40 years of NCD nor any points or fines including parking. i guess that's reasonable for a new car?
That is very expensive my £298 was on a brand new car. I found Mazda insurance to be one of the most expensive.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

steve67 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:50 pm just had to renew our insurance,
coming from a MAZDA2, i knew it was going to be a testing time trying to get a quote near to what i was paying last year...last year the 2 cost £240.
so with the cx3 being a bigger car etc i was expecting to pay a bit more.....shopping on the comparison sites it was as expected and my renewal premium was near double last years price...
so when i called ARRIVA i was very happy with there price of £138 ...

i'm 35yrs driving , full ncb, me and the mrs to drive 10k miles per yr

i know its a postcode lottery , but what are you chaps paying?

So I should be pleased with what I paid..

My son who is 22 is swapping from a 18 month old 1.0 TSI Ibiza to a new mazda3 se l lux..picks it up in September .. cost him nothing to swap he paid £450 last yr with 4yrs driving experience 3yrs NCB.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 am
fourbanks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am my insurance on my new cx3 with Mazda insurance came to £520 and that's with 40 years of NCD nor any points or fines including parking. i guess that's reasonable for a new car?
That is very expensive my £298 was on a brand new car. I found Mazda insurance to be one of the most expensive.
thanks for confirming. the only benefits that I can see are that I can choose my repairer and that's about it?
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

fourbanks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 am...the only benefits that I can see are that I can choose my repairer and that's about it?
All UK car insurers have to allow you to use a repairer of your choice rather than just their 'approved' one.

However, that said, they can charge you fee for doing so. When I took out my policy with LV, there was no excess on claims and no fee for using a non-approved repairer, then on renewal they added a compulsory excess and a fee if using non-approved repairer.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd