passenger seat belt rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

This is a little odd in that my passenger seat belt rattles after the passenger gets out of the car. it's easily fixed by just tapping it so that it misses taping on the plastic next to it. it doesn't always happen just now and then. just odd
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome to the club!!!

Can be very annoying when driving by oneself, but if your arms are long enough a quick flick of the passenger belt stops it.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Yes they all do it...for the millions of pounds on testing they couldn't pick up this obvious fault.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If practical to do so, you can move the passenger seat, or it's backrest, backwards a little bit to stop the problem.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

yes, it is odd, to say the least. i will adjust the seatbelt hight from the top position to the middle position and report back if thats a fix
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Mine rattles when the belt sometimes hasn't retracted fully when the passenger releases it. Reaching across to pull it up before setting off stops the buckle catching against the seat adjustment lever. Or ask the passenger to do it :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:45 pm Mine rattles when the belt sometimes hasn't retracted fully when the passenger releases it. Reaching across to pull it up before setting off stops the buckle catching against the seat adjustment lever. Or ask the passenger to do it :)
it's annoying as I say and should have been picked up on by those that test the cars in japan. it doesn't show up on a test drive as the salesman is with you. i may purchase a sleave as the permanent fix to go over that part of the seatbelt if I can find one?
switchback

Post by switchback »

All my Mazda 6's did it as well.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

switchback wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:12 pm All my Mazda 6's did it as well.
many thanks for the feedback
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

It's not just Mazda, my Honda Jazz and BMW Active Tourer had the same problem.