wiper blade noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

As you all know the rear wiper makes a motor noise when in operation. i find also on speed one the front wiper does the same on speed 2 silent. i have spoken to Mazda and they say it just a cheap unit and all their cars are the same with the same unit. I told them it would be prudent to source something better to which they replied( i suppose you wont to run the place ) :mrgreen:
do you find the noise irritating or is this just me ? i know that on most cars the rear is always noisy but the front has only ever had wiper noise and not motor noise
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've never really noticed it. The only time I realise I've left the rear wiper on is when I look in the rear view mirror at the same time the arm is wiping. And I'm not going deaf. However I do have selective hearing when it comes to the wife. :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

As HouseSpider says, I don't notice the noise either. Maybe the noise from the car tyres driving over the wet roads drowns it out, or perhaps I have the Bose sound system turned up to high. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

fourbanks wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:10 am As you all know the rear wiper makes a motor noise when in operation. i find also on speed one the front wiper does the same on speed 2 silent. i have spoken to Mazda and they say it just a cheap unit and all their cars are the same with the same unit. I told them it would be prudent to source something better to which they replied( i suppose you wont to run the place ) :mrgreen:
do you find the noise irritating or is this just me ? i know that on most cars the rear is always noisy but the front has only ever had wiper noise and not motor noise
Mine has always done that as well, the rear being the worst as you say though pretty much normal in most cars. The front makes a much higher pitch noise bit you have to really listen for it as it is not really noticeable.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019