smart brake warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I've just noticed the past few days that the above comes on when driving. not every day just now and then. it comes on with all the other lights before the car starts and then they all go off 'and then after 15 minutes or so comes back on by itself :shock:

ScreenHunter 66.png

Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Try cleaning the top part of the windscreen where all the sensors are first! It's been a pretty dirty wet few days down south!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 pm Try cleaning the top part of the windscreen where all the sensors are first! It's been a pretty dirty wet few days down south!
thanks, andy I presume you mean on the inside of the car? I hadn't thought of that. there was also in the car manual some mention of keeping clean the dirty radar sensor on the emblem? my brain is playing up :? what emblem :o thanks
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It's generally caused by condensation on the glass or lens on these cold wet mornings. It usually goes out after a few minutes.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I had the same warning light come on for half an hour during a two hour trip to Brussels in heavy rain last week.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

hsdejong wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:45 pm I had the same warning light come on for half an hour during a two hour trip to Brussels in heavy rain last week.
Mine also came on last week on the motorway in heavy rain, presumed it was condensation or dirt on the screen.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

fourbanks wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 pm
AndyRen wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 pm Try cleaning the top part of the windscreen where all the sensors are first! It's been a pretty dirty wet few days down south!
thanks, andy I presume you mean on the inside of the car? I hadn't thought of that. there was also in the car manual some mention of keeping clean the dirty radar sensor on the emblem? my brain is playing up :? what emblem :o thanks
There is a radar sensor - used by the SBS and some other systems - located behind the Mazda emblem in your front grille. As per the two pages in the Owners Manual shown in the extract below :-

So perhaps something is blocking it or there is some dirt on it that needs careful cleaning. Hope this helps.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Many thanks, friends. I'm sure it's just the weather and will endeavor to keep that emblem clean in the future. I live in a forest area full of trees and with the leaves that clutter daily on the windscreen this warning light, I may have to live with it. that and the hundreds of conker trees dropping conkers on the car making a dreadful noise when driving :evil:
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

fourbanks wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 pm thanks, andy I presume you mean on the inside of the car? I hadn't thought of that. :o thanks
I actually meant the outside of the top middle of the windscreen where all the sensors are located..... but l think you've got the jist of it all now - weather related 👍😎
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

AndyRen wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:54 pm
fourbanks wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 pm thanks, andy I presume you mean on the inside of the car? I hadn't thought of that. :o thanks
I actually meant the outside of the top middle of the windscreen where all the sensors are located..... but l think you've got the jist of it all now - weather related 👍😎
Thanks, andy :)