Rear ended today!!! GRRRR!!!!!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Strangways wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:39 pm They will really sting them too. I think they charged the insurance company £154 per day for the hire car.
I think I understand what you mean re stinging them.... They're dropping off a Disco Sport for us today! :shock:

Reading between your lines Strangways, am I to assume you've had dealings with Mazda 1st plus?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

As he walked around my car checking for imperfections I told him the wheels are pristine - he said "No they're not!"....
Both front wheels have scratches on!! Not from kerning - looks like a trolley or something has banged into them! So annoyed.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am
Strangways wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:39 pm They will really sting them too. I think they charged the insurance company £154 per day for the hire car.
I think I understand what you mean re stinging them.... They're dropping off a Disco Sport for us today! :shock:

Reading between your lines Strangways, am I to assume you've had dealings with Mazda 1st plus?
Hi Andy, yes I did have dealings with them. Somebody scraped my old CX3 when it was parked outside my office.
I contacted them first rather than go to my insurance company, although they advised me to inform my insurance what I was doing.
It was only a small scrape, but they delivered a hire car the next day and took mine away to get the damaged assessed. They kept it for 3 weeks while they got approval and repairs sorted and charged the other insurance company £154/day for 21 days. No wonder insurance is so high. I don't know what was charged for the repair, but I got the impression they weren't happy with the charges. Mazda told me not to discuss anything with the other insurers, just to refer anything back to Mazda. I can't complain at the service from Mazda, but I did feel bad that they were ripping off the insurance companies.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks for that Strangways, the disco is a monster compared to the CX-3, the other half has quite a job climbing up into the cab - but once she's there she loves it!
I think I'm more annoyed at finding my once pristine wheels are now quite scratched than the car being taken for repairs!
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Sorry to hear that Andy. It is such a clean car as I remember when you visited me.
Good luck with getting it sorted.
I also have received a cold call from accident chaser brigade. I said "which one are you refering to, I have had four this week".
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks Mr H, having never been in this situation it's quite strange to look outside and not see the CX-3 sitting there.

Something that has allayed my fears of losing my excess (£400) is that I suddenly remembered that I continued the Mazda 'Excess Protection' for up to £500 back in March and found the email with the certificate - Happy Days! It was one of those - shall I, shan't I - situations at the time as we all think it's never going to happen to us........

And *always* have a laugh with those accident chasers, you'll get the autonomous female voice first, then if you answer 'correctly' you can get put through to a person and make up some outrageous claim, they'll soon hang up on you having wasted their time and money paying for the call - My next claim is to say I've got whiplash as I had to reverse 3 times into the wall to remove the ATM at the local bank.....
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 am Thanks Mr H, having never been in this situation it's quite strange to look outside and not see the CX-3 sitting there.

Something that has allayed my fears of losing my excess (£400) is that I suddenly remembered that I continued the Mazda 'Excess Protection' for up to £500 back in March and found the email with the certificate - Happy Days! It was one of those - shall I, shan't I - situations at the time as we all think it's never going to happen to us........

And *always* have a laugh with those accident chasers, you'll get the autonomous female voice first, then if you answer 'correctly' you can get put through to a person and make up some outrageous claim, they'll soon hang up on you having wasted their time and money paying for the call - My next claim is to say I've got whiplash as I had to reverse 3 times into the wall to remove the ATM at the local bank.....
I usually say yes I had a accident...I was walking under some scaffolding and a builders bucket fell down and stuck on my head, and we had to cut eye holes in it to see my way to A&E .....it always goes click then 😁
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Message on mobile answer phone saying car should be ready on Thursday 10th - that's just a week!.... They're going to have to wait because we're away till the 14th. 8-)
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Picked up the CX-3 today - pleased to get rid of the disco, comfortable of course although awkward for wifey to get in, but we found it positively dangerous pulling out at junctions, put your foot down... Count to 3... then off it would go! Didn't like it.
G L Coachworks in Sidcup did a great job replacing and spraying the rear panel - Soul Red paint match appears excellent, only problem is a scratch on the offside rear plastic wheelarch trim which they will replace when the order comes through.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm glad to hear they made a good job of it Andy.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED