Hi newbie question

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

Buying a cx3
Hi. I am just about to buy a cx3, 69 plate from my local dealer. Its a sport nav + 1.8 diesel with 45 miles on the clock. & its a thing of beauty. Although it comes with lots of toys it doesn't seem to have either blind spot or cross traffic monitoring. My question is, can these be added before purchase or does it have to come factory fitted.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Pretty sure factory fit only.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Mark and welcome to the forums!
As MJC has said, it is a factory fit option only. I have them on my MX5, but I don't miss them when I'm in the CX3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Those "toys" are part of a Safety Pack factory fit option for the Sport Nav+ petrol models. Pack costs £650. It includes :-

Adaptive LED headlights, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Smart City Brake Support with Driver Attention Alert

So if you are set on the diesel model I'm afraid it's tough luck. If you can go for a petrol model then you'll either need to find one already built that has got the pack located at a dealer / at the Mazda European depot, or place a factory order to include the pack.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm Those "toys" are part of a Safety Pack factory fit option for the Sport Nav+ petrol models. Pack costs £650. It includes :-

Adaptive LED headlights, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Smart City Brake Support with Driver Attention Alert

So if you are set on the diesel model I'm afraid it's tough luck. If you can go for a petrol model then you'll either need to find one already built that has got the pack located at a dealer / at the Mazda European depot, or place a factory order to include the pack.
The list of "toys" is much longer than that :!:
at least in DK.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

Thanks for the help guys, it's definitely NOT a game changer, I just didn't know if the add ons were software changes or factory fit, still getting the car anyway.
I ll post some thoughts after a couple of weeks driving.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Markcoopz wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:27 am Thanks for the help guys, it's definitely NOT a game changer, I just didn't know if the add ons were software changes or factory fit, still getting the car anyway.
I ll post some thoughts after a couple of weeks driving.
You will have plenty of other toys to play with :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED