The end of the CX3?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Been shopping around for a replacement for our cx3...and have been told by a few dealers the CX3 IS being replaced by the CX30 . No more factory orders...

Anyone been told the same?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

CX30 .is the current car with no more cx3 being produced
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

That would be a bad move if true...the CX-3 is smaller and suits many people as this forum proves.

The CX30 is larger more expensive and will not be for me.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

steve67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:17 pm Been shopping around for a replacement for our cx3...and have been told by a few dealers the CX3 IS being replaced by the CX30 . No more factory orders...

Anyone been told the same?
i had this confirmed by 3 dealers.
mazda are stopping production of the CX3 in favour of the CX30.

So, 2nd had prices may increase on the upside, hopefully and not decline.

i have looked at getting in the cx30 but tbh my budget is limited and for the price they are , there's a lot of competition ...
mid range sport lux in metallic paint £26500, you can get a volvo xc40 for £27k..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

When a model goes out of production, it's secondhand value usually decreases. I see no reason why the CX-3 should be an exception.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

zoylander wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 am When a model goes out of production, it's secondhand value usually decreases. I see no reason why the CX-3 should be an exception.
Agree, ...just getting prices back for a mazda3 gt sport tech from carwow... some good deals at the moment saying it's a new car..14% discount :shock:
l normally change cars every 18-24 months so i may do it sooner rather than later..
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Had a chat with my local dealer yes production has stopped and they are not happy, as it was a good seller. Initially they were informed that it would sell alongside the 3 & 5. And they obviously realize the 30 will be competing in the segment above the CX3.
Like myself some customers are not happy that the upgraded CX3 they purchased this year is out of production, with the inevitable decrease in value. Would I have purchased a new car that is going out of production a few Months later, maybe but would have wanted a better deal.
The dealer said in his opinion it will be back, throughout the range Mazda have looked at models which will incur a European fine regarding emissions. The question is then why havnt they just upgraded it with the new skyactive engine as used in the new 3.
The dealer said it has not been discontinued, just production stopped, make off that what you will. So he reckons it will be back with lower emissions dependant on sales of the new 30.
Last edited by DaveG on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
steve67

Post by steve67 »

DaveG wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 pm Had a chat with my local dealer yes production has stopped and they are not happy, as it was a good seller. Initially they were informed that it would sell alongside the 3 & 5. And they obviously realize the 30 will be competing in the segment above the CX3.
Like myself some customers are not happy that the upgraded CX3 they purchased this year is out of production, with the inevitable decrease in value. Would I have purchased a new car they is going out of production a few Months later, maybe but would have wanted a better deal.
The dealer said in his opinion it will be back, throughout the range Mazda have looked at models which will incur a European fine regarding emissions. The question is then why havnt they just upgraded it with the new skyactive engine as used in the new 3.
The dealer said it has not been discontinued, just production stopped, make off that what you will. So he reckons it will be back with lower emissions dependant on sales of the new 30.
..... To top this Mazda are increasing there prices across the range due to the EU emissions changes...
I think I will wait and see how things are in the new year regarding swapping cars. I'm on a PCP so my car has a gfv in 24 months. I can get out now. But what I want and what I can afford are £ apart......
BRY

Post by BRY »

This is probably why I got a good deal on my CX3 purchased March 1st this year,not very good.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

zoylander wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 am When a model goes out of production, it's secondhand value usually decreases. I see no reason why the CX-3 should be an exception.
my experience is the opposite as demand goes up...