Check Engine Light and loss of power

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:57 pm There is a UK safety recall for intake shutter valve inspection checks for soot accumulation that could cause the engine to stall, and a PCM software update is carried out, but not for the CX-3. A number of users over on anchorman's Facebook CX-5 group have had it done.
https://car-recalls.co.uk/recall/mazda- ... the-inlet/
Hmmm... We must assume it's for the same reasons as the Aus recall - 'cylinder de-activation technology' which I again assume is not installed on the diesel CX-3?

Still doesn't help Chad though! :cry:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I don't know much about cars but I have a friend who's a leading USA engineer and he's always said that a diesel car is only for those doing more than 10'000 miles a year and they that do under that mileage always end up with some type of problem
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Chad

Post by Chad »

Update: SG Petch failed to ring me back with an update as promised, again. I rang them today (13 days after I took the vehicle into the dealership). Still no progress. Car not worked on since last conversation. Service dept said they are still waiting for Mazda to reply to them with technical advice. I asked when they last called Mazda: ("not sure") I asked why they didn't chase this up with Mazda: ("usually they are good at getting back"). I asked to speak to the General Manager or dealer principle. After asking 3 times, I got the name. But was then told he isn't in the dealership at present. Conveniently. I have requested the manager calls me back at his first opportunity. I'm not a happy man.
CX3 Sport Nav Auto 1.5d. Soul red 48mpg (long motorway commute) 0-60mph in around 20 minutes :roll:
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Here in DK the brand importer looks over the shoulder of the brand dealer, if customer isn't satisfied with the job/sale he takes over, and tell the workshop to shape up, or else ...........
Maybe is works that way too, in UK ?
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

BWJ wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm Here in DK the brand importer looks over the shoulder of the brand dealer, if customer isn't satisfied with the job/sale he takes over, and tell the workshop to shape up, or else ...........
Maybe is works that way too, in UK ?
most dealers in the UK are small conglomerates selling many brands of car. top quality local private franchises like I used to belong to is quite rare these days in the UK. Mazda in where I live is only good at selling cars the service is like all the other dealers hit and miss :(
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Chad

Post by Chad »

Update: service manager called me. And coincidentally Mazda ‘have just got back to them’ and told them what to do about the problem. I asked if their was a warranty recall on the injectors/EGR valve or anything else. I was told no. No new parts are needed apparently- just a though decarbonising. (Cleaning). I asked what has caused this problem so prematurely (20k) if there wasn’t a fault with the injectors or EGR value.. I was told they (Mazda) don’t know. I asked who pays for this work to be repeated when it carbons up again prematurely... “I’m sure it’ll be fine now” said the service manager. It’s almost funny. Almost...
CX3 Sport Nav Auto 1.5d. Soul red 48mpg (long motorway commute) 0-60mph in around 20 minutes :roll:
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Well, lets hope that the previous owners 6K a year is (was) the problem and a good de-carbonation will sort it all!

Good luck with it and keep us informed.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

I suggest using a quality fuel from now. either Shell or Esso.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Or add BellAdd city to fuel. (works)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Update: it’s been 31 days now since SG Petch took my car in to sort this problem. (Remember they had the car fur 3 weeks last time). Still not fixed. Last conversation I had with the technician highlighted that they don’t strip the engines down to decoke/decarbonise, they just use a blasting machine that blasts walnut shells into the induction ports. Which also blasts the shells AND the carbon into the cylinders & around the piston rings and into all the oils ways & bearings. So needless to say the main bearings and big end bearings will now also wear prematurely. And nothing will be done to prevent the premature build up of carbon from happening again. I’ve had a brand new Mazda 2 courtesy car and yesterday the EML came on!!
This is my first experience of Mazda vehicles/ service. And will be the last. As soon as I get this heap of tish back I will be trading it for a different brand.