Rear Bumper replacement

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Can anyone out there, give me an idea of what it would cost to remove and fit a new rear bumper? I was reversing in a dark car park, when this corner of a brick wall hit me!!! :o Funny thing was, the reversing sensors didnt activate! Ive noticed once before when reversing, that they didnt activate when I was near an obstacle! Maybe Ive got an intermittant fault!
Anyway, Ive now got a dent the size of a large clenched fist in the rear bumper, so I'd like to get some idea how much it would cost to replace it. I can then decide whether to put in an insurance claim or pay for it myself.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

A new rear bumper from Mazda is £250 + VAT and comes unpainted, so you'd have painting cost on top of that, plus labour to remove old and fit new.

If you have a word with a bodyshop, they can tell you if the damage is repairable, and give you a quote.

I once reversed mine into a low circular wishing well style wall which gouged the black plastic & the painted bit. I claimed on my insurance, as the policy at the time had no excess, and got the job done at a local Mazda approved bodyshop. The rear sensors don't always pick up obstacles if they're not flat and you approach them too quickly or at an angle.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

If it is a simple dent it is possible to pop it out with a heat gun - a local body shop would be able to help. If you need a new one it is a reasonable diy job to remove it and replace a new one - but it is the matching paint bit - I would at this point think insurance - most jobs are quoted at at a grand.. or if it is not too bad leave as is, then if you do it again it will not hurt so much - and have them done when you sell or let the part exchange garage sort it..

Over to YouTube now..

Here is the how to pop it your self...

Here is a link for the removal and a replacement of a CX-5 bumper - similar..
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

In the meantime get some of these they come in different sizes and stick well - never used them myself - but given many in jest to less fortunate acquaintances for a bit of fun - available from eBay..

large ouch.jpg

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for your replies and advice. In the cold light of day, I find that Ive got a large split in the bumper so I'm afraid that its possibly an insurance job, unless its only going to cost a few hundred pounds. In that case, bearing in mind that my excess is £200+ pounds, I might as well bite the bullet, grasp the nettle and sink the Bismarck!!!!

CX3 Bumper 2.jpg

BRY

Post by BRY »

Just under a thousand pounds probably done the crash bar also
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Beezageoff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:14 pm Thanks for your replies and advice. In the cold light of day, I find that Ive got a large split in the bumper so I'm afraid that its possibly an insurance job, unless its only going to cost a few hundred pounds. In that case, bearing in mind that my excess is £200+ pounds, I might as well bite the bullet, grasp the nettle and sink the Bismarck!!!!
Don't forget about phoning 'Mazda First' (If you wish of course) who will get all the repairs done at a Mazda approved bodyshop and if you have the 'excess protection' you'll get that back as well - Not sure about a courtesy (hire?!) car though as there's only yourself involved,ie, who would they get their costs back from??!

My rear bumper replacement via Mazda First went smoothly and the colour match (Soul Red) is perfect!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadnt thought of that!
March

Post by March »

I reversed into a bollard when parking and, like other contributors, the reversing sensors failed to sound.
I am facing a £800 bill to replace the bumper.

Has anyone considered making a claim against Mazda?