Front parking sensor's

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

There will no doubt be different systems for different countries and different years. I believe gilera is saying that on his/her car, by design, you have to momentarily select reverse gear for it to switch on the front sensors and they then switch themselves off again when a set speed is reached.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

switchback

Post by switchback »

My front sensors stay activated for the duration of the manoeuvring once reverse has been selected. Quite simple really........ :roll: .

As JT said.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
gilera

Post by gilera »

jtonline wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:56 pm There will no doubt be different systems for different countries and different years. I believe gilera is saying that on his/her car, by design, you have to momentarily select reverse gear for it to switch on the front sensors and they then switch themselves off again when a set speed is reached.
Exactly, thanks for your explanation jtonline.
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

jtonline wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:56 pm There will no doubt be different systems for different countries and different years. I believe gilera is saying that on his/her car, by design, you have to momentarily select reverse gear for it to switch on the front sensors and they then switch themselves off again when a set speed is reached.
So they dont operate if you drive nose first straight into a space - a flawed install renders them not fit for purpose.

Still not my car and not my problem...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

To have the front parking sensors activated by first selecting reverse gear is not uncommon, some Audi, BMW, and jaguar models have that system,
Although some can also alternatively be activated to be permantly on.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
gilera

Post by gilera »

CX3fan wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:43 am
So they dont operate if you drive nose first straight into a space - a flawed install renders them not fit for purpose.

Still not my car and not my problem...
You are absolutely right have to stop, select reverse and then select back to forward.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

With an auto you have to go through reverse to put it in drive. That means the front sensors are permanently active so I don't have any issues.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
gilera

Post by gilera »

They are not active all the time they turn off with speed (12km) so reverse has to be selected when you stop as you nose in to parking spot.
Last edited by gilera on Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joval

Post by Joval »

Hi DaveG. My old Mazda 6 sport had f/r sensor's. If I pulled up to traffic lights sometimes the post for the lights is close enough to set them off. Or a pedestrian standing near the lights did the same.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Joval wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm Hi DaveG. My old Mazda 6 sport had f/r sensor's. If I pulled up to traffic lights sometimes the post for the lights is close enough to set them off. Or a pedestrian standing near the lights did the same.
Hi joval, thanks for your interest, it hasn't done it for a while you could be right however sometimes it has been the sensors directly in front ie the ones in the grill.
If it does it again I will check for a post or pedestrians, they don't go off in the normal manner, the display shows them intermittently changing from front to the sides.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019